Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend would like to put together a trip to San Diego to go tuna fishing.

Anyone know how the fishing has been?

Anyone have any boat recommendations, we really don't want a huge boat with a ton of anglers.

Am willing to fish overnight.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Fished last Thursday on Pacific Queen out of Fishermans Landing, SanDiego. One and a half day boat, about 70 miles down. Good numbers (see Fishermans Landing web site),
Full boat(33) meant clusterF... every time we stopped to fish but a limited party boat will allow you a lot more opportunity to fish. Crew was good but still lots of fish lost due to crowded conditions. Best bite in evening which means a 1.5 day least you can do. 20# flurocarbon leader on 10/50 braid with 2/0 gammy/w a solid ring and a medium size live bait best. One guy with this setup caught and landed 8 fish (7 alby), (1 yellowtail off a paddy). Only 2 bluefin on our boat that I saw. The daily big was a bluefin I think, caught at dusk on a 3 7/8 oz Shimano Butterfly Jig w/blue and silver finish But not many on jigs, maybe 2 or 3. Keying on bait on our boat by far. Other boats in area counted-17 -including a couple of trawlers from Mexico and their Robinson helio's. Fish are in the 15 - 25 lb. range in this area. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts