Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all ever notice after you buy something, get it home and then notice the little things that need to be fixed to your standards. Well I just purchased a 2001 X21B XPRESS. It has a 225 Yamaha. I,ve had it to the lake twice and both times I just sat in it and wrote notes on things I need to do to get it in to fishing shape. It,s amazing how many things I came up with. But the great thing about it, is I enjoy doing it. I did the trailor this weekend. All new brakes, bearings ,seals, wire, lights, winch straps and transom straps. I figure I'll start on the trailor first because what is the use of having a nice boat if you can't get it to the lake. The first real fishing trip will be this Friday at Apache. So if Tadmo or anybody else see a white XPRESS on Apache Friday stop and say Hi. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and good fishing. Mitch

G

·
Xpress boat

Hey Bullet head. Where you on Lake Pleasant with your new boat last week? Saw one fitting your description flying in the main lake. NICE.
I have a few questions about your boat. At your convience, Please send your email to me at [email protected] -Thanks!

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Nice boat Mitch! Anytime there's rough water, it will be nice for you to be able to stand up behind a console like you have. Your boat is pretty light for it's size and should be easy to manuever. By comparison, my 1999 20'6" Ranger weighs 1,660 lbs. (hull only) versus 1,275. In the 3-4 foot waves on Rosey last weekend, the only thing that would have been comfortable would have been something like a 25-26 foot open fisherman like a Mako, Aquasport, etc. They have deep V hulls and stand-up consoles. 8)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congrats on your new boat!!! Sounds like a nice one. Hope you have a great trip!!! ...I hope I can make it out soon.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Mitch,

I was looking into those boats myself, but couldnt find a dealer closer than Utah that carried the boat. Is there a dealer now it town? If not how did you go about getting the boat here? Thanks in advance. You can write here or Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Bullethead, I am guessing Rookieboy will be willing to test ride that back seat. I am guessing you can go full speed, turn it on a time, and skip Rookieboy at least a dozen times. Go for it, Nedo2's 4 skipper can't be that hard to beat.

G

·
Bullethead congrats on your purchase, your boat reminds me of a Boston Whaler we use to have back in Michigan. Good luck Chris

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks you all for the congrats. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the boat alot. But when you buy something there is always added exspenses. I just got news on the insurance. Let me tell you it's a little more than the pontoon boat was. Today coming home from work I made two stops and spent another 250.00 dollors on little stuff. I hope mama don't check the check book. See you all at Apache Friday. Mitch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts