Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of fishfinders is everyone using? I just got a new boat with a Lowrance X70-A, can anyone tell me if this is good or bad? I haven't had a chance to try it on the water yet. Does anybody use one of these?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have an X70-A and I like it. If I'm just fishing banks and stuff, I keep it in auto but if I'm d-shotting or spooning directly below me in deeper water, I manually set the sens and some other things. The only thing that sucks is they never keep the settings so every time you power it on, you have to set it how you want it, if different from the power up settings.

When I get a new one, I'm getting one of those color X15's with a DVD so I can watch movies when I'm not catching anything... :wink:

G

·
I have the x70A as well. It was up front on the trolling motor, but I moved it to the console. I even manufactured a special bracket for the puck transducer for the transom. The picture clarity is awesome. I now have a Fishmark 320 up front on the trolling motor. I like that one even better. One of these days, I swear I'll get that boat wet. Matt

·
Registered
762 Posts
I still have an old X-70A. They are great units for their time. But like Skunked said you have to reset all the settings everytime you turn it on.

Rollo,
I have the owners manual in case you need info on any of the features.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
I'm gradually becoming comfortable with my new Lowrance X125 (basically replaces the old X87). I love it. My understanding is the Eagle Fishmark 320 or 480 is a great unit, however (and less $).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interested in selling your Lowrance X70A Fish Finder

Rollo

The x-70 a is a great fish finder for their time, I still have one left. I was able to see a spoon and a dropshot weight with mine.

I upgraded temporarely to a fishmark 320, until I get my x-15 and or better

Delw
I am fishing a tourney soon. My x70A shot craps. Would you sell yours? If so what would the price be? Thanks DC

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the X70A. It was on the boat when I bought it. Console. Mine has verticle lines (noise?) runing through it which renders it almost useless except for depth/temp. Have tried everything except replacing the transducer, and since the unit is so old they don't make the transducer anymore. Glad to read so many use and like it. I also have the Fishmark 320 on my bow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.