Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they still killin em up there. I have seen some reports of 50-100 fish days. Whats the story?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looked at the weather and it looks like it will be real windy this weekend. Is there any thing I would need to look out for. shallow water, stumps rocky areas? I have never been up there

·
Registered
312 Posts
YES... thre are tree stumps barely out of the water. You want to pay attention if you dont know the lake.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
on the cholla ramp ( not the ranger station ramp but the other one) just go straight across to the other side and start bangng the banks., you will be fishing the bank on your left and the really long points as well.

like red said its goig to be slow for a few days due to the cold front but when it sets in its going to be on fire.

almost every bank on that lake produces fish. shallow and deep.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the Tips. If i go I will post the results. I may hit suguaro instead. going to check the reports out there. I have not been out in about 6 weeks. need to get some fish

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Good post, I was just about to post the same thing... I'm going next weekend (10th or 11th) for the very first time and was wondering where to start off, but Del answered that one... Any other advice for an Alamo noob??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Be very careful in the wind!!! I watched 3 boats sink in a day cause of that wind. Its a little lake but it gets some serious wind. My brother inlaw almost died on that lake.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The weather only says the most 13mph....whats everyone talking aabout....Im sure the fish died off due to the baro pressure, but dont let that little bit of wind stop ya.....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What would be the better choice? Rosey or alamo, for numbers tomorrow. I know rosey for size but I just want to try to catch a bunch

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wed am wife and I fished 4 hrs off bank at Pleasant. Not a fish. Didnt take the boat because of wind. Then decided mid afternoon to head over to Alamo to check out ramp locations camping etc. Used to fish it often in the 70 's. After checkin everything out we had less than an hour before dark to fish off shore. All hell broke loose. Wind was howling into the bank and first cast on spinerbait bait caught one. Caught another one two or three minutes later. Handed wife my pole with spinner bait and she said she had three hits. I put on a zara spook and caught two more and then another on a spinnerbait. No luck on a buzz bait . But five fish in half hour was great action and made the day after zip at Plez. What a great drive back to Wenden with the windows down 3/4 moon and finally a cool breeze. It was great.

·
Registered
170 Posts
def. worth the trip. i was up there til sat evening & had to leave due to motor troubles. but all day fri and sat was killin em. even w/ the wind blowin like it was, the fishing was way too good to pass up. main lake points in early am and the flats in the afternoon produced my dad and i over 60 fish per day w/ about 15 of those over the slot. cranks, flappin hogs, senkos and chatters were killin em on both days, even caught 8 slots burnin swims over grass beds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts