Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined the AZBasszone in 2009. It appeared that the site died so I started to watch the AZCastnBlast site. I never joined this site. I was an avid ocean fisherman when I left CA in 1997. Since I never fished lakes in CA I did not get into bass fishing right away. Once I stared fishing in AZ I found that bass fishing can be very tuff but I'm now hooked on it. I lived in Tonto Basin for several years and fished Roosevelt most days.

With the covid situation and getting much older my wife and I decided to move closer to family so we now live in Lacey WA in a 55+ community. We down sized from our home in AZ so I had to find a small boat that would fit in our small two car garage. I bought a 15 foot Lund tiller boat (much different from my Rangers I have owned). There are three small (300 acre) lakes holding LM bass within ten minutes from where we live. First time out I caught a nice 4 lb LM within 30 minutes of fishing. I though this is going to be great. From then on it has been tough.

I'm trying to figure out these lakes. Does anyone on the zone know if there is a similar web site in WA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you looking for these types of sites: Washington Fishing Forums

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for these types of sites: Washington Fishing Forums
Thanks for the info. I'm mostly interested in LM bass fishing at this time in my life. I was wondering if there was a website more focused on bass fishing like the ones in AZ. I live in Lacey WA and I'm less than 10 minutes from 3 different lakes with LM bass. I've meet several bass fishermen on these lake so I know it is very popular up here. All of these lakes are stocked with trout so there are some very large bass to be caught.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many people think that they need to travel to the southern United States, or even Alaska, in order to find quality bass fishing. Once you get there though, it is hard not be disappointed by the crowds of fishermen and the lack of fish. If you are looking for a more laid back experience with plenty of big bass (and trout) then come on up north! There are three lakes within 10 minutes of Lacey WA that all provide great LM bass fishing opportunities.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Lacey. I've fished Long Lake, Pattison, and St Clair (not Hicks). I've caught some LM in all three lakes but not very often. I try to get out 2 to 3 times each week. I've fished with drop shot, Texas rigged lizards, frogs, spinner baits, jigs, and crank baits. Best results have been with drop shot and Texas rigged lizards. I moved up here from AZ in Dec 2020 so I'm lust trying to figure these lakes out. In AZ I mainly fished Roosevelt and Pleasant. On my the best day up here I've caught 8 fish. Recently I've had very little success with everything I've tried. I assume the fish are going into their winter pattern. If you have any suggestions on what works best this time of year I would appreciate it.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts