Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, This is Mary C. I want to walk 60 miles in 3 Days for the Susan G Komen 3 Day in November. Please help me by donating today!! I need to raise $2300 just to walk so every donation makes a difference. Over 1/2 of my donations last year came from the fishing community. I am hoping for a repeat this year. Thank you for being a part of The Cure. Click on the link below to donate.

http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/SanDiegoEvent2012?px=5197859&pg=personal&fr_id=1767

·
Registered
421 Posts
Good luck Mary. I'm trying to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project and posted the link here as well. Hope you have better luck than me.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BC yep she needs to raise the $ so she can participate in the walk. If she comes up short then she cannot walk.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Joe i hate to say this but that is bull shit. if some little girl donates 50 bucks she should be able to walk. it should not be how much you donate only that you do. that shit pisses me off. good cause but bad management!!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant agree with you more BC. It's a shame that they require that amount just to walk but that's the deal.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Joe i hate to say this but that is bull shit. if some little girl donates 50 bucks she should be able to walk. it should not be how much you donate only that you do. that shit pisses me off. good cause but bad management!!
+ 1 Couldnt agree more BC. Why put a limitation on anyone who wants to participate?

This along with the absolute disaster of an idea to team up wit KFC a few years ago are the 2 reasons Im not a supporter of the Susan G Komen organization. I was going to participate in the walk myself year until I found out I had to raise over $2K to participate. I also know a group of women here at my office who were doing the same thing and ended up having to back out due to donation requirements. They have turned a lot of people off with some of these ideas. Great cause for sure but absolutely terrible management.

·
Registered
708 Posts
WTF? Really? What happened to "the more the merrier"? So there are probably a couple thousand people who received donations but since they didn't meet the "required amount" they aren't allowed to walk. I would tell all that donated to put a stop payment on the checks and return the damn cash donations. See how the management of this "great cause" feels about that. Sounds like they want money more than participation and that is bullshit. If I saw a group of say 10 individuals sporting the "PINK" walking down the street I would think to myself "what a good cause". Now, if I saw a hundred walking I would be wondering how to donate so I didn't feel left out. Sounds like the management better get their priorities straight. Also sounds like a Channel 3 investigation. Sure would like to publicly hear the reasoning behind it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys
This is a great cause to donate to. She is over half way there. There are other walks that people can do that don't require donations but this one is special to her she has done it every year since she was able to. It means alot to Mary so if you can ANY donation $1,$5 or whatever will help.
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys. Mary C again. I want to give a big THANKS to Andy n Lindsay K and Kevin Mac for their donations. I have now raised $1355 of the $2300 needed to walk. Please dont wait n donate today!! @ Boat Cop. Susan G Komen does have a Walk for The Cure in Oct where anyone can walk whether you collect any money or not. Its a big shindig downtown every year. I used to do this walk before I had cancer because I thought Id never be able to collect the $2300 needed to walk the 3 Day. This will be my 3rd yr for the 3 Day and it is an incredible experience. I dont think the minimum required to walk was set for any other reason then to make a huge impact on the fight against cancer.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After the gararge sale Mary had yesterday she is about $650 short of her goal.
The walk is in the middle of next month if anyone can help with a donation please do.
Thanks Guys
Joe

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
You donate to Susan G Komen and they donate to Planned Parenthood. After it became public knowlege they stopped. As of Feb 3rd 2012 they apologized to PP and began funding them again. So your dollars (in part) go to a organization that advocates abortion. They have the nerve to use the slogan stating everybody has a right to life, or something to that effect. They have turned a great foundation into a bunch of hippocrites. Google Susan G Komen/Planned Parenthood if you think I am full of shit.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really rockhead?
If you don't want to donate that fine but don't post on this thread and bash SGK. Keep your opinions to yourself.
What a whistler.

·
Registered
513 Posts
You donate to Susan G Komen and they donate to Planned Parenthood. After it became public knowlege they stopped. As of Feb 3rd 2012 they apologized to PP and began funding them again. So your dollars (in part) go to a organization that advocates abortion. They have the nerve to use the slogan stating everybody has a right to life, or something to that effect. They have turned a great foundation into a bunch of hippocrites. Google Susan G Komen/Planned Parenthood if you think I am full of shit.
That is good info to have when choosing where to donate. I was not aware of this. Sounds like those of us against abortion may have money better spent with Relay for Life, or other cancer charities.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Come on guys no need to turn this in another direction. Best of luck on your walk

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I apoligize if the truth offends you. The folks at Susan G Komen made that decision. Perhaps they should give other peoples money to a worthy charity that helps children( like St. Jude ) rather than one that don't give a child a chance for life at all. Call me names if that's what you wish, but you can't call me dishonest.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I apoligize if the truth offends you. The folks at Susan G Komen made that decision. Perhaps they should give other peoples money to a worthy charity that helps children( like St. Jude ) rather than one that don't give a child a chance for life at all. Call me names if that's what you wish, but you can't call me dishonest.

no, but i can call you a dick head. STFU dude. its not about SGK or PP, its about a woman who went through the hole nine yards (that i saw first hand being my sister inlaw) and is just lookin for a lil help so she can make the walk. :mad:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mary C here. To Morefish, Relay for Like is another great charity. I did it last year w/a co-worker Lalia. Met some great people. Thank you for having some class. To Azrockman, Im sorry I cant say the same for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but having class enough when to keep it to yourself is what makes a difference.

I have raised $1835 of the $2300 needed to walk 60 miles in 3 Days. Thank you to Tai for your awesome donation. The fishing community has always been generous. Thank you guys.

Mary C
Survivor

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.