Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday I was in Tucson at the UofA library and got a call from some buddies who were headed to Parker Canyon and the Rodeo in Sonoita. So I decided to join them and make the drive out. I was almost due for an oil change so I thought it wouldn't hurt getting it changed at a Jiffy Lube here in Tucson since I usually do it myself at home. Well, seven miles outside Sonoita my engine threw a rod because the oil filter hadn't been tightenend down all the way. 2001 Toyota Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Dude I had 2 bad experiences with those quick lube places I forgot the names of them but they may have been jiffy lube. Both were about 7-8 year ago. One time they didnt tighten the drain plug in my oil pan and I got home and had oil spilling out of my truck the other time as soon as I drove off the property my transmission wasnt working properly. Turns out they drained the tranny fluid instead of oil... I didnt end up with damage either time so not sure what recourse you have or what steps to take in order to prove they are at fault...

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
"12 on your side" ! You might get a new engine out of it!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
You SHOULD get a new engine out of it. Thats fked up

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
On Saturday I was in Tucson at the UofA library and got a call from some buddies who were headed to Parker Canyon and the Rodeo in Sonoita. So I decided to join them and make the drive out. I was almost due for an oil change so I thought it wouldn't hurt getting it changed at a Jiffy Lube here in Tucson since I usually do it myself at home. Well, seven miles outside Sonoita my engine threw a rod because the oil filter hadn't been tightenend down all the way. 2001 Toyota Tacoma.
Always do that stuff yourself dude....that way you know it's done right...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Man that sucks, but didn't you notice the low oil pressure or at least the check engine light trying to tell you something before the engine went to hell? Good luck with your claim and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
The crappy thing is that piece of paper you probobly signed w/o thinking said that they are NOT liable for ANYTHING while they have your truck. fire, flood scratches dents or even stolen from thier shop. they'll fight it and you signed it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
THAT WONT HOLD UP IN COURT, THATS NO DIFFERENT FROM ALL OF US SIGNING AM INSURANCE RELEASE FOR TOURNEYS. WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT THEY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU HAVE GOOD ATTORNEYS ON YOUR SIDE

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
The crappy thing is that piece of paper you probobly signed w/o thinking said that they are NOT liable for ANYTHING while they have your truck. fire, flood scratches dents or even stolen from thier shop. they'll fight it and you signed it.
NOPE... that's not true. They'll more then likely settle. It'll cost them more in attorneys fees then to pay the damn thing.

They are not going to pay say, 10K to defend and not pay 5K.

The Kid, same thing happen with one of my bros a while back with Big O tires... He went and got some papers from down town Tucson to take them to court. A few days later, their lawyer called him and settled.

·
Registered
110 Posts
THATS WHY THE PAY FOR INSURANCE, JUST LIKE WE DO. I GUARANTEE THEY WILL NOT WANT THE BAD PUBLICITY. LIKE THE GHETTO MAN SAYS THEY WILL SETTLE AND TAKE CARE OF IT

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
that sucks, did the oil leaked out of the engine. just asking cause things happen. i have a customer with a 99 4runner with 60k. a rod blew threw the block after driving out of my shop for a window regulator!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
havent seen an oil filter came loose before,i have seen double gaskets but usually it start puking oil right away after starting the motor.but whatever happened dont let anybody touch it let them know about it first and they will tell you where to take it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Jiffy lube ruins engines and transmissions every month they actually budget for it, you will get another engine, however you will get a used engine with like miles. Of course if you have big bucks for an attorney you may get a new engine. Any place that uses two people to change oil (one in pit one on top) this will happen

·
Registered
229 Posts
Find out who they have there garage insurance with. The have garage keepers coverage, for while they have your truck and have liability insurance to pay for this type of problem. Ins companies pay to get rid of these claims, since it was only 7 miles away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you never can get anything done right unless you do it yourself anymore..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts