damn, glad im just an old lineman.
Hey man I work with some Air Force infomation/computer security dudes so I'll pass this to them....I know a few are getting out soon...they already have security clearances, so it saves employers money..I have an open position for the following:
Position Title Security Operations Specialist II
Work Location US AZ Ph'nix S 50th St
Region/Country United States
Function Description ISOPS
Primary Duties and Responsibilities • Monitor the security management tools for security incidents
• Speak with customer on phone/email if they detect an attack or something strange
• Responsible for follow up with customer on configurations and incidents
• Give support to level I
• Generates reports for customer if there are issues
• Deals with the providers like Juniper on issues that need vendor support
• Give advice on how to improve security in the case where an attack was successful
• Personalization of IDP signatures, analyze false positives
• Maintain the signature that provides updates on devices
• Generate reports for the customer (monthly stats)
• Create design based on customer requirements
• In complex firewall VPN solutions they may do the configuration because they have a better understanding of the technologies and the customer network
Job Requirements • Has developing knowledge of networking and computer security protocols and authorization and access control technologies.
• Has excellent written communications skills
• Has experience prioritizing tasks within the scope of the job and working both independently and as part of a team.
• Intrusion detection / prevention
• Web content filtering
• Network engineering
• Advanced telecommunications networks (VoIP, MPLS, IPv6)
• Education - BA in Computer Science, Information Security, Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related experience.
• Experience - Three to five years
• Certifications - CISSP a plus.
This position will require Network Security level screening. Pursuant to the Network Security Agreement (NSA) entered into between Global Crossing and the U.S. Government, only U.S. citizens may be assigned to this position.
Min. Education Requirements Bachelors or equivalent work experience
The person will report to me, so if you are qualified and interested or know someone who is qualified and interested they can contact our staffing person first.
Sr. Staffing Manager
A career with Global Crossing is more than just a job, it's an opportunity to join a company that built the world's first integrated global IP-based network. With approximately 5,000 employees in more than 30 countries worldwide, Global Crossing is a leader in connecting the world's enterprises, governments and carriers with customers, employees, and partners worldwide, all while providing a customer experience that's hard to match. Whether you are an experienced professional, or just embarking on your career, Global Crossing provides a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment in which to grow.
Well you got the old part right, :Iconrotfldamn, glad im just an old lineman.