Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Johnny cash fans?

3K views 50 replies 31 participants last post by  BDEL 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I've got a Johnny Cash with Bob Dylan CD that I like alot. Johnny was definately the man. Another favorite is highway man. I religously play that one on the way home from the lake. Don't forget about Waylon and Willie.

#8 ·
Grab some friends, some wine and cheese, Crank up the johny Cash, pop in the brokeback mountain DVD and you'll be all set.

Delw
Dude it's johnny cash for god sake!!!! Broke Back Mountain is for you, me the Halloween strap on and the chocolates. Don't bring him into this. Best remake ever and right before he died!!! He got rid of his demons http://new.music.yahoo.com/johnny-cash/videos/view/hurt--2156372
He re did NIN and nailed it lol. C'mon Delw give it up for the man that a million other bands have based their music off of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

#18 ·
I just listened to Hurt. I grew up listening to his music. He made a lot of great songs but this is probably his best ever. I sat with my father watching his shows religousley. Johnny was a great man and June was his rose. There will never be another..as it should be.

RIP Johnny..

#22 ·
Johnny Cash was amazing. Just picked up his final CD the other day.
Kris Kristofferson put in words the best

"He's a poet, he's a picker
He's a prophet, he's a pusher
He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned
He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,
Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home."

Grew up listening to him and so many others.

#23 · (Edited)
I met Johnny, June & Tex Ritter at the Dallas airport in about 1963 or 64.I had no idea who he was, but my mom totally freeked out and sent my brother & I after John & Tex into the mens room w/ a pen & paper to get his autograph. I remember standing behind him when he was at the urinal waiting for him to finish his business. Just remember him turning around and looking down on me as he zipped his pants up and said in his low voice ,can I help you boy.He signed & I said thank you sir.I remember he was all in black as always,must have been in his heavy drug days ,tall thin and a kinda of rough acney scared face. Tex had a brown western suit on and June was wearing a brown western outfit.No she was not in the mens room. We had to run to catch our plane.Pretty cool memory once I grew up and listened to his music for years Don`t know how many times I have watched the movie.

I have a Sirius rodie for my boat and whatever else.Just plug into the lighter and you have whatever music you want, including classic country
or that new crap most of you youngsters and my kids listen to.

#25 ·
I met Johnny, June & Tex Ritter at the Dallas airport in about 1963 or 64.I had not idea who he was, but my mom totally freeked out and sent my brother & I after John & Tex into the mens room w/ a pen & paper to get his autograph. I remember standing behind him when he was at the urinal waiting for him to finish his business. Just remember him turning around and looking down on me as he zipped his pants up and said in his low voice ,can I help you boy.He signed & I said thank you sir.I remember he was all in black as always,must have been in his heavy drug days ,tall thin and a kinda of rough acney scared face. Tex had a brown western suit on and June was wereing a brown western outfit.No she was not in the mens room. We had to run to catch our plane.Pretty cool memory once I grew up and listened to his music for years Don`t know how many times I have watched the movie.
Wood dat be a dribble scribble???:wink::wink:

#30 ·
I think its funny in that what alot of us grew up on was considered "crap" by our parents. I think all parents think their kids music is "crap". Johnny Cash & Waylon were a style of country & rock n roll that changed alot of the music we hear & enjoy today. Its even better when a younger generation finds what we consider good music, to be good to their ears also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.