Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last month and a half have been pretty hectic. I had my knee surgery, which I thought went well till about two weeks ago. I've had to have it drained 3 times. For some reason it keeps swelling up. I've also had to attend three funeral's, one in the family and two outside the family. But still people who ment alot to me. The worst thing happened today and probably the hardest thing to handle. I had to put down one of my pets. You know it's not easy to do that, ex-specially when the animal has been part of your life for the last eleven years. The dogs name was Lacy, she was a Cocker Spaniel. She was more my wife's dog, house dog, always in my chair, under my feet. I use to tease my wife and call her POS. that stood for peace of shit. ( excuse my language ). I told my wife, Lacy is nothing like my boys. I've got four other dogs 3 Labs and a Jack Russel. Damn I wish Lacy was still here. The other bad thing is the other dogs are going crazy. I think they know Lacy is gone. Hopefully better days a head. Thanks for the ear. Mitch

G

·
Sorry to hear about that mitch.

hope your knee gets better Scott told me last week you were having problems with it.

Delw

G

·
Dear Bullet Head, This is very weird that I'm reading this right now. We found out about three weeks ago that my dog ( Charlie a Springer Spaniel) has cancer. He's only 10 and he was my fishing partner. He's lost 20 pounds and now his bowels are not working. I told my wife last night that I was going to call the doc and arrange to put him down today. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I'm very sorry to here about POS and your other misfortunes. I sometimes don't understand why things happen the way they do. This is not going to be a good day.
Hope your knee heals soon. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Mitch, sorry for all your misfortune. As for your favorite POS, I also know the pain. I had to put down my female beagle last year. It took a chunk out of my heart. Cried like a baby in fact. Like Peg-it, my beagle had similar problems. We took her in for a urine infection, it turned out to be much worse. One day later, no Brandy. This was Baxter's mate and he hasn't been the same since. Dave, Cindy, and Baxter

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mitch, I am sorry to hear about you difficult times :cry:
I had to put my dog (of 17 years) Benji down 3 weeks ago and still feel the loss. This was the 1st time I ever had to do something like that :cry: . My heart goes out to you and your. Now get that knee better and go fishing and I know you will feel better, it is the cure for everything :D
Rod

G

·
Mitch sorry to hear about your Lacy. I have 4 chauhaus(sp) and I miss them during the day all the time. I dont know what i'll do when the time comes and I hope it never will but that's life. One of my dogs (tabitha) I tell my wife that when she goes I'm getting her stuffed so she'll always be around. :D Good luck Mitch

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Been a rough stretch of road for you Mitch, loss of family and friends, bum knee, and now the loss of Lucy. That's more than your fair share my friend and I'm truly sorry for it all.

People who don't share their lives with dogs can't possibly understand the loss. I hope you find another to warm your chair and your heart.

You called Lucy "POS"? I call our dog Maggie "Speed Bump".

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dog Mitch,we just lost one of our Dalmations which we had for 7 years. hope the knee gets better soon.if you have any rehab questions give me a call, my wife is a physical therapist.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So sorry to hear about your losses. I'm sure your friends and family memebers who have passed are taking well care of your wifes Lacy up in heaven. Cuz 'All Dogs Go To Heaven" :eek: . If Lacy is lucky, maybe she will meet up with our 3 year old Queensland, Otis, we had to put down cuz of cancer, he will show her around up there. But she will have to hide her ball, cuz Otis will take it from her. Don't be sad I'm sure they are all in a better place that we will all someday go to.
As for your knee I'm not a Doctor but Wolfer, (my husband) has had three operations on his knee and one on his elbow and a broken neck from a car wreck and he has rarely missed a day of fishing, golfing or hunting. I tell him he is going to blow out his knee again tripping over all his fishing equipment in the garage. Just take it easy and be there for all your others in your life. Things can only go up from here. God bless and take care. And Get up and get back out on that boat as soon as possible. I heard the fish are waiting for you. :wink:
Love and best wishes Wolfer and his wife Kim
P.S. He can't type very well thats why I did it he he. :roll:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks you all for all your best wishes. It means alot. I think I'm going to do a all nighter somewhere tomorrow night. Either Saguaro or Bartlett. I'll decide when I'm on the 101 headed east. Thanks again. Mitch

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your losses. The loss of family and friends is very sad, but the loss of a family pet is just as devastating.

I lost Sam about 8 years ago. He was awsome springer spaniel. I tried to make him a hunting dog, but I didn't get him as a pup and he was abused by his original owner. He couldn't chase or find a bird worth a darn, but he was the most awesome watchdog, and family pet.

He would let my toddler daughter pour sand in his eyes, pull on his stub of a tail and pull his ears apart on end! He loved the attention and couldn't get enough. My neighbors would always lean over the fence to pet him and if you didn't know him, he would scare the #[email protected]$ out of you. He was very protective and even more loving. I shed a tear when ever I think about him.

One day I had to take him to the vet to have him put down. He was only 5 years old, but he had a bad case of cancer and was wasting away so quickly. I brought the kids with me to say our last good bye and they took it like lil troopers. It was dad that could barely choke out the good bye!

Take care Sam! We sure miss you!

JohnSWA (I'm at work and forgot to log in)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Right now I have a Springer that is about 6 years old and by far the best dog I have ever owned. Like John said best family/guard dog there if you new the dog you could do whatever you wanted to her and she would just love all the attention but if you didnt she was real aggressive. My father (rest his soul) fell head over heels for that dog even after he had been raising labs for over 20 years. Well when the dog got cancer last year he helped me pay to have surgery and then 6 months of kemotherapy(sp)? which she did survive butfrom the kemo gained some serious weight and lost all her spunk. She is still around and she is the only one that made my father happy the last couple of weeks before he passed on Sept 1st. She still goes out and sits in his shop when we go to see how my mom is doing, like she is just waiting for him to show back up. Its the saddest thing in the world to loose your father, but because of her my fathers last days were as good as can be. She must of known he wasnt going to be around much longer cause as soon as we would get to my parents she would go right out and be with my father as long as she could untill I had to pry her off to go back to my house. Every time we go to my parents she still looks for him and its the saddest thing.
I just dont know what I will do if and when the Springer (Abby) goes, she has overcome alot and helped me overcome and is helping me overcome my fathers death.
Like everyone already said a dog is not just a pet but a major part of peoples family.

Bullethead I hope you get better from that Surgery as soon as possible and I greive with you on the loss of your loved one POS.

Sorry so long all emotions started pouring and I had to vent as well about my father.

Jesse

G

·
Flippen Stick, I'm sorry to hear about your father. I didn't know I would bring out so much emotion when I wanted to vent, but I'm glad I did. That's what is so great about this format, is that we have a chance to say what means alot to us, to people who also have the same problems, emotions and feelings. It helps big time. I hope thinks are going good for you and I hope Abby is doing well. Take care. Mitch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts