Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 8 month old neice is in desperate need of a kidney transplant due to failure. Her kidneys are functioning at about 10% of normal. First I ask for your prayers. Chloe was put on dialasis this morning and has gained several pounds from toxins in her body. She was transfered to Sanford Medical Center last week. My wife so far is the only match in the family as a donor. She has taken it upon herself to help this girl live a normal life and donate one of her kidneys. So far, all medical expenses are being covered by her sisters insurance and even if they go above and beyond we will not be responisble. Second I want to ask for help from you guys and gals. We need to raise enough money to cover the cost of atleast 3 trips to California for her and hopefully one for myself so I can be there during her surgery. We understand these are tough times and not much can be spared. We live paycheck to paycheck too but this is worth the debt if we cant pay upfront. There are still tests that have to be done to make sure her blood does not fight my wifes but otherwise its a go and could happen anytime soon.

If you wish to donate, we are setting up an account through our bank (USAA) to track donations and expenses. If it falls through, all donations will be returned. If there is anything left over, we will donate it to a kidney transplant charity with yalls permission. I should have more info on how to donate in the next day or two.

If you need personal reference on the kind of guy I am so you dont think I am stealing your money please feel free to ask Delw or Larry All Forked Up or JustJ. Im sure a few other guys on here.

Thanks for all your support. This will be very tough on us, especially with a 2 and half year old of our own.

·
Registered
439 Posts
He is a stand up guy, not a very good fisherman, but a great guy. Good luck with everything and let us know about everything.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
My wife's 8 month old neice is in desperate need of a kidney transplant due to failure. Her kidneys are functioning at about 10% of normal. First I ask for your prayers. Chloe was put on dialasis this morning and has gained several pounds from toxins in her body. She was transfered to Sanford Medical Center last week. My wife so far is the only match in the family as a donor. She has taken it upon herself to help this girl live a normal life and donate one of her kidneys. So far, all medical expenses are being covered by her sisters insurance and even if they go above and beyond we will not be responisble. Second I want to ask for help from you guys and gals. We need to raise enough money to cover the cost of atleast 3 trips to California for her and hopefully one for myself so I can be there during her surgery. We understand these are tough times and not much can be spared. We live paycheck to paycheck too but this is worth the debt if we cant pay upfront. There are still tests that have to be done to make sure her blood does not fight my wifes but otherwise its a go and could happen anytime soon.

If you wish to donate, we are setting up an account through our bank (USAA) to track donations and expenses. If it falls through, all donations will be returned. If there is anything left over, we will donate it to a kidney transplant charity with yalls permission. I should have more info on how to donate in the next day or two.

If you need personal reference on the kind of guy I am so you dont think I am stealing your money please feel free to ask Delw or Larry All Forked Up or JustJ. Im sure a few other guys on here.

Thanks for all your support. This will be very tough on us, especially with a 2 and half year old of our own.
Hey man your wife is awesome...tell her thank you for me for helping that little girl....I myself may need a transplant some day...hopefully not anytime soon...if she has any questions about the surgery let me know....it's pretty easy and she wont have a big scar.....most people recover in a week...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It's nice to see a positive note to something these days. We'll donate what we can, let us know when you are ready.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it seems USAA is not that easy to deal with in this situation due to the fact they dont have any branch offices. Any recommendations on local banks other than Bank of America or would you guys feel comfortable sending checks? You could send them straight to the bank or to the house to be scanned into the account?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Might work out for you to setup a Paypal account for it - through them you can actually get a debit card linked solely to your Paypal account. Might help with tracking for taxes too.

I'm pretty sure that nobody here would be worried about getting change back, your wife is a hero for stepping up like this, and if there's a little left over, use it to take her out for a nice weekend - she deserves a little pampering for it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
God will bless you and your angel of a wife, I pray for successful and happy recovery for
all , what a worth while plea for help. I am sure it will happen, I'll donate some myself,
it's that I give, not that I have extra money, whatever I can do is what I concetrate
on. Others here will too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Contact JonJay and Rich morning radio show, send them an e-mail of what you wrote above. They are always helping out people in times of need. They have a website, I think it's 93.7 KRQ or just enter JonJay and Rich. Hope they can help you guys out for such a worthy cause and God Bless you all for helping out her niece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you!

My name is Jami and I am Firefyter55's wife. Thank you to everyone for all of your support and prayers. You are an amazing group of people and we are so lucky to have that kind of support. Thank YOU!!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
are you a firefighter?
Yes I am an Air National Guard Firefighter and former active duty Air Force Firefighter.

Just an update. Doctors have chosen to do a different kind of dialisis which is full time in hopes Chloe's kidneys will heal themselves. Unfortunately that means another surgery. Doctors are very hopeful this will rectify the problem without the need for a transplant.

We are in the process of setting up a paypal account and a local one. For the time being if you wish to donate by check we will be putting the money in a savings account. At your choice the money will returned to you if the transplant is not needed or it will be donated to my wifes sister to help with medical costs. You can PM me for our address. I will try to have the PayPal info up this evening. Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Just an update. Doctors have chosen to do a different kind of dialisis which is full time in hopes Chloe's kidneys will heal themselves. Unfortunately that means another surgery. Doctors are very hopeful this will rectify the problem without the need for a transplant.
Man if this works that is AWESOME news! Prayers do work! I hope this is some relief to the family and keeps their hopes higher. Hang in there Chloe!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts