Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going fishing for salmon on the Kootenai river, in the northwest corner of Montana. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to techniques or baits? Any help will be greatly appreciated. NickM

G

·
If you dont find anyone I can hook you up with some people that live in idaho and fish it or one of the rivers near by.

When are you going ? What kind of salmon are you targeting(silvers or kings)that will make a difference into what bait and technique works best.

For summer run:
There are 3 basic ways to fish for them a fly rod using a red or yellow maribou streamer
or casting and spinning rods using red cranks(I dont know if this would work for waters that far inland)
then there are the egg roa(sp) techniques which work all year long.

If you dont have a salmon /steelhead rig. I have one here that I would consider letting you borrow if and only if you returned it. I built it for fishing salmon egg roa's.

Delw

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be there the last week of August and the first week of September, targeting silver from what I understand. I can get some rigs from my cousin. Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it. NickM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts