Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and i are going up to flag for an elk hunt, so we are going up a day early(8/27/09) to do a little fishing at upper lake mary. i have never caught a pike before so any advice on the lake itself-location and what might be working for all species i.e. lure types would be greatly apperciated. also, which campground is better-Lake View or Pine Grove? i do not post much but greatly appreciate all the advice and fishing knowledge found on this site. thanks guys.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Gold willow blades with chartreuse skirt and trailer also chart. buzzbait early have never failed to get me into some fish. You can use basically any type of reaction bait you would for bass and catch some fish, use chart. or perch patterns to catch some. Oh yeah throw in and around weeds. Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Has anyone had any success trolling? Ill be up there this weekend with some friends and they have very little fishing experience so I wanted to do some trolling. Any advice on what and where to troll? I've had success trolling perch shad raps in Minnesota for pike - do they work here? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Has anyone had any success trolling? Ill be up there this weekend with some friends and they have very little fishing experience so I wanted to do some trolling. Any advice on what and where to troll? I've had success trolling perch shad raps in Minnesota for pike - do they work here? Any help would be appreciated
yes....

·
Registered
765 Posts
a day early? More like a 2 weeks. Less hunting pressure

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
chart. spinnerbaits,buzzbaits, or anything in a perch pattern, i wouldn't chuck a 12in swimbaits because not every pike in there is 50in, if you want to catch fish, throw something in the 5-6in range, castaic makes a 6in catch 22 perch swimbait that looks pretty damn good, but i would imagine it would get torn pretty fast, so stick to hard baits- traps, crankbaits, jerkbaits.

and use braided line and 7-71/2 ft meduim heavy to heavy rods cause the'll give you a run for your money especially the big guys

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Franklin your PM are full I had a few questions for you if you get a chance.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts