Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading up to Flag on Fri evening. Im planning on going to Lake Mary for the first time and I have no clue what its like. Ill be taking the Skeeter and was wondering if there is anything to watch out for because im not in the mood to knock off my lower unit. Hows the water level and also hows the fishing?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im heading up to Flag on Fri evening. Im planning on going to Lake Mary for the first time and I have no clue what its like. Ill be taking the Skeeter and was wondering if there is anything to watch out for because im not in the mood to knock off my lower unit. Hows the water level and also hows the fishing?
Carp is kind of slow goin at that lake you might ba a lil dissapointed :lol:

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
mainly tree stumps by the narrows. and past the narrows it gets shallow with an occasional boulder or stump submerged. but it may be low enough now to show most of the hazards. haven't been there for well over a month maybe two.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
lots of shallow reefs some marked some not, if you stay main channel you are normally ok till up to the narrows, just go slow.

dress warm, probably have high winds all weekend, you may get some snow since it is going to rain down here.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lots of shallow reefs some marked some not, if you stay main channel you are normally ok till up to the narrows, just go slow.

dress warm, probably have high winds all weekend, you may get some snow since it is going to rain down here.
Im thinking maybe ill give her a shot next time. Im staying at Forrest Highlands and they have lots of ponds with Bass and Trout. Thanks for your info

·
Registered
187 Posts
don't forget to get your pass up at the lake they don't take the annual US parks golden eagle pass.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Jaronk,
I was there two weeks ago. If you still want to head that way I have a few tips:
- Toss Jerkbaits, Huskys, Xraps etc. Perch and trout patterns killed. Silver and black OK.
- Spinnerbaits got some love around vegetation, but there isn't much left to throw into. I didn't try topwater or Buzzbaits.
- We got no love on the live crawlers, only the perch hit on those.
- Stay on the main lake, it gets real shallow as you get near the Narrows. Alot of underwaters hazards are not marked so watch your graph.
- All our fish came later in the day near the shore fishermen, by the launches, and the no wake bouys in shallow water. The Northerns were moving up and down the shoreline.
-The Walleye were deeper out but we couldn't get at them.
-The storms come and go up there. It will rain hard for 15mins then be sunny for an hour, then windy. It's the fall transition so the weather up there is truly unpredictable.
-The Pike are delicious

That's all I can offer. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1/4 oz. Rooster Tails along the shoreline. Any color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts