Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about this, if you look at all the bigger circuits ABA, FLW, BASS, WON.
How come none of them have tournaments at Lake Mohave?
Did they stop issuing permits?

Lake Mohave is a good bass lake, it can get windy as hell on there, but it is still a good bass lake.

Just curious.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was born in Kingman, and fished Mohave alot, my dad always told me there is one bass in that lake. I still haven't caught it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Del, I was waiting for you to post, I figured you would have a good idea or reason.

Yeah it can be a tough lake, but I think that is the challenge. You would definitely have to have it either in sep./oct. or mar./apr. I just wasn't sure if they just stopped giving out permits to tournaments.

That winter wind comes down through there and it's a mutherfuker. I lived in Bullhead for 3 years and I'll never forget that sh!t.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
THere are a lot of bass in Mohave. It does get Windy as hell, just ask Del.... I dont think unless permits are forbidden at the surrounding lakes or a major fish kill happens they will ever use Mohave. That place is like a wind tunnel right now.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
If you look at all the results from WON bass ( they still should be up online) if not I have them burned on a cd somewere. The old director of Won bass was telling me the same thing baiscally WIND AND FISHING SUCKS).
the weights were kinda like pleasant, the spring was awsum for bed fish , providing you had a chainsaw to cut limbs and brush ( and yes people do that)
but also in the spring is the huge winds.
the the summer its just too damn hot except for nights and the location is too far to have night tournys with a decent amount of people.
thats the other thing is location. while it has Laughlin NEv it still sucks for locations, you will draw more guys to havasu and mead then mojave as its out of the way.

I personally like the lake, one of the back seaters I fished with was from that area I asked him the same question, he says why should people go out of there way to fish out of a drinking glass and hope to catch something.
that lake is crystal clear, I have never seen water like that anywere except on the beachs in Japan.

ones who can answer your questions better is Splitshot, kevin curouso charlie Crawford, Ben at the hook-up, Dreamer and his Dad and a few others.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
The fishing is good at mohave. I know they hold anglers choice tournys there still. It actually produces bigger weights than mead does.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Mohave actually has big bass...they are just super hard to catch...I would say damn near impossible...

While tossing big swimbaits for stripers upriver I have had many bass over 5 pounds follow the bait back to the boat.....never caught one myself, but seen a guy catch one that looked to be 8 pounds or so....

I have caught some big 4 pound smallies right around mile maker 52....

I have seen them cruising the shallows near the fish hatchery also....

Long Run Up river though

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I was just thinking about this, if you look at all the bigger circuits ABA, FLW, BASS, WON.
How come none of them have tournaments at Lake Mohave?
Did they stop issuing permits?

Lake Mohave is a good bass lake, it can get windy as hell on there, but it is still a good bass lake.

Just curious.
Where are you getting your info? There are several circuits that regularly hold tournaments on mohave. ABA being one of them. Their Colorado River division has two there next year and they even have a Mohave division that fishes Mohave exclusively they have six derbies scheduled there for the 2010 season...

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
WON Bass also has a Nevada Region which has a couple tournaments scheduled on Mohave for 2010 as well. I know there are more that I saw maybe it was Anglers Choice but cant remember right now...

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Mohave actually has big bass...they are just super hard to catch...I would say damn near impossible...

While tossing big swimbaits for stripers upriver I have had many bass over 5 pounds follow the bait back to the boat.....never caught one myself, but seen a guy catch one that looked to be 8 pounds or so....

I have caught some big 4 pound smallies right around mile maker 52....

I have seen them cruising the shallows near the fish hatchery also....

Long Run Up river though
That hatchery was also the best place to go for some "live striper bait" back in the late 80's early 90's.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Forrest I think he was talking about the wonbass pro-am that used to be there
OK I just saw that he mentioned ABA and WON not having tournaments there... I dont remember seeing any pro/am derbies scheduled on Mohave this year but there are plenty of team deals...

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
That hatchery was also the best place to go for some "live striper bait" back in the late 80's early 90's.
Yeah dude sure was...here was a good spot for LM and SM...right under the dock...also is awesome during th spawn because its out of current...

Hey man how you remember how long the run is from cottowood cove to willow beach?
Is it like 25 miles or so? I know the caves are about 15-20 I think

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Yeah dude sure was...here was a good spot for LM and SM...right under the dock...also is awesome during th spawn because its out of current...

Hey man how you remember how long the run is from cottowood cove to willow beach?
Is it like 25 miles or so? I know the caves are about 15-20 I think
it was like 30 minutes or so

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK I just saw that he mentioned ABA and WON not having tournaments there... I dont remember seeing any pro/am derbies scheduled on Mohave this year but there are plenty of team deals...
I was just wondering in general, because I haven't seen any tourneys scheduled up there, but I'll look at those you mentioned. I like that lake, and yes it is "GIN CLEAR", I think having Laughlin there also is a huge bonus.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts