Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some diving at Pleasant...that lake is absolutely covered with mussles. They are all over everything. they blanket the floor. They seem to be all over the bouders and rocks.

There are millions and millios of them in that lake....I was shocked at how widespread they are.

Just fyi...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
yEah I just go back, as the water is dropping you can see them covering all the bluffs and boulders. It's crazy how fast they spread, hell it's only been about three or four years since they discovered them there right?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
they can reproduce 5 times faster here due to water temp i guess

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You've never fished pleasant before : Jerk-it plus it's not a numbers lake, so I know you won't touch it!!
fished it 2 times i nmy life,and i dont plan on going anytime soon due to lake lice

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
it has little /nothing to due with water temp, they multiply very fast to begin with.
oh i thought thats what i read,for some reason they can reproduce 5 times faster here than back east,maybie not

·
Registered
804 Posts
Unless you drain the lake killing all the fish and clean every nook and cranny they will never go away. And it is a #s lake but there are good sized fish in pleasant. Stripers will prolly be caught in the avg 5-10 pound range in prolly 2-3 more years. I also see a hella lot of bass spawn in the backs of coves and near the marinas.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts