Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a pretty day to be on the water. We caught one 3lb bass and one rat right off the bat by pulling crankbaits through the shallow brush. After an hour without a bite, we caught one 2 1/2lb bass on a jig/pig in a shallow bush. We spent the next two hours fishing vertical on deep structure that only gave up two more 13'' fish. We had caught our better fish shallow and decided to stick with that. By very slowly twitching my 8'' floating worms in and around shallow brush, we were able to catch six more solid bass in the 2lb range. Four of those better fish simply sucked in the worms as they slowly sank into the brush. Our fish today seemed to be pretty scattered. Good luck.....Joe

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
congrats on another good day Joe. are you always on the fish year round like you have the last month or so ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll answer for him....Yes

Joe is a slaymaster...I don't know him personally but I have witnessed him "Slaying" on some real tough days. I love his honest reports....especially coming from a guy who makes his living catching fish.

Keep up the good work Joe!

Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the kind words, but to be honest I think the fishing sucks right now. We are struggling like most other fisherman, and covering a ton of water to get a few fish. I have always stated that winter fishing is reality fishing, and you must simplify your presentations and really slow down to catch fish. And you must have complete confidence in what you are doing. I honestly believe that you only need 8 lures to stay on numbers of quality bass in Arizona throughout the entire year, and I use the same one's at night. I know many fisherman that use that many on any given day. Next time your on Lake Pleasant, slow down and really pick each bush apart from different angles. If all else fails, pitch a white baby brush hog into the shallow cover. Good luck.....Joe
P.S. If you want a pig, be on Canyon or Saguaro on the nights of March 3rd-4th.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great report Joe! Sorry I missed you out there. I was fishing the MBC. Tough day as well for us. We thoroughly worked them trees over in all of the coves. I picked one up early on a black/chrome rattle trap and one on your 7" watermelon worm. My buddy picked one up on (late) on Gilbert's handpours. We saw Mark Kile, he came plowing through our water!! LOl :wink: It was abeautiful day, but a bit windy.
The guys that did well in our tourny stuck fish in the first hour of daylight and got them shallow on cranks and soft jerk baits. It looks like there's a lot of prefishing going on for the Everstart as well. I'm sure that those helicopters and planes were buzzing the lake were the pro's looking at the lake from an aerial perspective. RookieBoy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is something very special about that worm, and the darker chocolate pumpkin color as well. Those two pre scented worms will produce quality bass on any body of water that I have ever fished. In fact, they are the only two worms we even use during the day on Canyon and Saguaro, and we sell them to alot of California fisherman as well. Did you get any big fish? I'm not sure about anyone else, but almost all our better fish have been in little cuts at the mouths of major coves and creeks. They have also consistently been sitting tight to the first bush or tree as you enter the cut. I hope all is going well for you.....Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stop it joe

stop it joe, you are giving away all the secrets :p

That is what I have been finding too!

rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No big fish to speak of.. very typical Pleasant fish. Your worms do work!! I appreciate it that you took the time to pour those for me! Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts