Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a trip today back up on Lake Pleasant, and we did well. I think the clouds holding the heat in and the incoming front really helped. We caught five solid fish in the first hour on ripbaits, than spent the next two hours trying to get some crankbait, spinnerbait fish to no avail. We caught three more by swimming a 5'' white Yamamoto single tail grub on a darter head. We also spent about one hour pitching jigs, that produced one good fish. But the big fish of the day was 5.8lbs, and slammed a topwater bait. We also caught two small bass on a mojo rig. For the day, we had 14 bites and boated 12. The best six weighed 15.6lbs. For what it is worth, not one fish was deeper than 15'. Good luck.....Joe

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we shall see...

Dear Joe, If you really had 15+ lb's today at Lake Pleasant, I will see you next week at the Everstart Tournament. I hope you have the kohoneys to put your money where you computer is. Maybe I should pay your entry fee for a 50/50 split????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's important to realize that we start fishing at first light, and that we are often still fishing after the tournament guys have weighed in. John Hollis sent me an e-mail this morning saying that he took 12th in the Wonbass Teams from information that I gave them, which I thought was great. As far as the comment from Guest goes, put your money where your mouth is. Ignorance and your own inability to catch fish is no reason to put others down....Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come on guest...the guys fishes damn near every day....I took luck out of the equation a long time ago.....And if you have been Bass Fishing for any length of time at all you have too. Put in your time as he does and educate yourself and you will be able to post some successfull reports too.

I use to fish club tourney's way back with a guy named Jimmy Reese (Skeet's Bro).....And we would all swear that this dude was half Bass....because he could (and still does) catch fish anywhere, anytime and anyplace....and big bags too......When every one else blanked or brought in one fish....he'd be culling 4's.....It was hard to believe sometimes but I watched him do it many, many times. That's what seperates the sticks from everyone else.

I just saw that Jimmy is fishing the Everstart...I'll be curious to see how he does on this unfamiliar lake to him.

Dan

Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C'mon Guest! If you're going to be brazen enough to try to belittle someone out of your own jealousy be confident enough in yourself to sign your name to the post!

-Bayou

·
Registered
907 Posts
Joe J. to Joe O.

Hi Joe, This is what we were talking about the other day. You post on this site for the benefit of all, and we really appreciate it. Don't let some jerk that doesn't know what he is talking about affect you. You just have to ignore the ignorant. Now you know why I told you I don't post much.
Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Joe J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was up at pleasant the other night about 5pm, just before the sun went down. I was catching some keepers at about 10-18 feet of water drop shotting off steep banks.

Joe, Ignore the other guests, they are jsut jealous. Heck I wouldnt mind catching a 5.8lb LMB.

Adam G

·
Registered
355 Posts
joe i'm w/ delw. as a tourney fisherman it kills me to see guys talk about how they slay them and then don't fish tourneys, especially pleasant! hey if you're in it just for the fun of it, that's right on. with that level of talent though, wow, unreal possibilities! you wouldn't even have to follow a circuit, you could just fish everstart and won at pleasant and there's you're year :wink: . i'm sure you've heard this before. take care, & i'd say good luck but i'll save that for someone who needs it like me! ltr, armando.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I agree with you guys who say for Joe Owens to keep posting. It tells the rest of us who are just weekend anglers that there are fish that can be caught. For what it's worth, Joe's been fishing these lakes for over 20 years making multiple trips per week. He fishes more in one year than I do in 3-4 years. If you fished that much you'd have good posts throughout the year too. 8)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Keep posting Joe
I like reading your posts. Like someone said theres fish out there to catch you just have to work at it.
Don't let no jerkoff bother you
Joe C

·
Registered
911 Posts
What I think is funny is that some of these folks talking smack about Joe and the fish he catches and why doesn't he fish tournaments, blah, blah, blah... Are probably some of the same that would scream at having to fish against pros or guides in their local tourney. Tourneys are not all a bunch of fun anyways. I did it for 12 years and got out because I got tired of two things. 1. All of the pissin and moanin about "my water or your water" 2. Having to get up at 0'dark thirty on a cold morning to fish with someone I may not even like.

·
Registered
355 Posts
brown dog, it is a priveledge for me to fish against pro's/guides. i like the competition. when you do do better than them it adds a little more to your accomplishments. i'm not knocking joe for being good, i'm just curious why doesn't he let that talent flow during the big ones! i fish with guys who can put the hurt on also and have seen them (myself included) whimper during a tourney. we've also put the hurt on. i'm not afraid of the ups and downs, adds character!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.