Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the thread about Lake Pleasant from a few days ago. I've lived here long enough to have fished Pleasant before and after the new dam. I caught a lot more fish before the new dam. The new lake effect no longer being in effect probably has some to do with fishing at Pleasant not being so good any more. But the number one reason the fishing stinks at Pleasant is way too many tournaments. The lake is hammered and hammered and hammered all year long and that takes a toll. Those fish are way to pressured. They've seen it all. That's why the other lakes are all better than Pleasant. They don't get the constant hammering from tournaments. And with as few fishable lakes as Arizona has and our exploding population it will only get worse if something is not done.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
who said fishing stinks at pleasant?the fish are more educated yes,but still get caught and released by tourny fisherman.just cause someone goes out and get's skunked,don't mean fish aren't there.times change and so do fishing techniques.remember that 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish.we can't all be in that 10% all the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to say it again, like I have said before.....There are two reasons why the fishing has appeared to have tapered off at Pleasant (maybe three).....

1. Water....Period!!! we need consitent water levels to have successful spawns...year in and year out.....fluctuating water levels especially during the spawn are detrimental...

2. Pressure....Not so much fishing pressure....."Boat Pressure" ...This kind of boat pressure makes them live in much deeper water...year around....therefore makes them quite a bit more difficult to catch....It's those anglers who know how to compensate and locate the fish in their ever changing depths who do the best.....Spending a lot of time on the water is only way to pattern such fish.....

3. BLBBD.......(During the Spawn).......End of Story!

Just my Opinion......Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would change #3 to all tournaments during the spawn. I know people complain against BLBBD and yes there are a lot of boats for 3 days. But if you add up all the other boats from all the other tournaments that take place during the spawn... I don't know any exact numbers but it would have to make BLBBD look small in comparison. And taking a fish off a bed and putting in a livewell rather than immediatley releasing it basically kills all of the babies on that bed. One could even argue that all the other tournaments held during the spawn are WORSE than BLBBD. In BLBBD, people are looking for one big fish. They might not even try to catch smaller 2-3 lb. ones and if they did they would probably release it immediately since it would not win for being the biggest fish. And the fish might go back to its bed. In a regular tournament, people will put any half way decent 2 lb. fish in their live well until they have a limit and then cull. I've got no problem with fishing during the spawn but I think the fish should be immediately released which would make it hard to have a tourmanent. As usual... just my opinion. np

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.