1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Water Temp: Around 82 +-
Wind: 0-15mph from north
Skies: partly cloudy with monsoon activity north
Lures used: Skinny Dippers (White trash, limeice, green pumpkin, green pumpkin gold flake), Robo in 4.5 in and 7 in (Hologram shad, Red Crawler, AfterDark, Aarons Magic), River2Sea Spinnerbait, LC CB (Sexy Shad)

Took a buddy out on his day off for a few hours. On the water at 330PM. Headed over to ScorpionBay and threw some skinny dippers. Caught a good keeper around 3lbs in the slips. Saw a few other in the upper 2+lb schooling but couldn't get one to commit.

Around 430 we headed over to a point. 2nd cast, landed a 1.5 lber on the dipper. Marked fish on my graph and decided to show my buddy how to set-up and throw a DS. 3rd cast, I landed another fish a 1 oz short of 3lbs. Ended up catching about 5 fish in the same general area. Woulda had a nice limit of fish already around 10-11lbs.

Decided to beat the banks. Saw lots of followers that wouldn't commit. Picked up a River2Sea spinnerbait. 3rd cast landed me a 2lber. Nothing but followers after that. Some were very good fish, some dinks. Changed out colors but didn't make a difference. Ended up finding the schools with the SB and coming back to pick em off with the DS.

Right before sunset, I tried to get my buddy on some striper boils. Ran up river, nothing. Only wake boarders running the no Ski Zone. Decided to DS the cliff walls keeping an eye out for boils. Buddy hooked into 2 LMB but lost both right at the boat. He was kicking and screaming cause it would have been his 1st bass. I couldn't help but to feel bad that I buried the hook deep into his worm after retying 6-7 times for him. Sorry bud. Set the hook!

I decided to give the mouth of Humbug a try. Ran over there, idled around for a bit. No luck. Ran back to ScorpionBay, idled around, nada. Ran over to JackAss, nothing. Ran to the Marina, nothing. Stripers weren't playing ball today.

Right at dark, dropped buddy off to get the truck. Decided to throw a DS while I wait. I got a really good kick watching em wait for the ramp to completely clear. As a matter of fact, I caught 2 more at the south ramp waiting for him. Can't beat that!

Tight lines!

Tai

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Awesome report! Thanks tai

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I feel for your boy, everyone makes fun of me for my hookset on the DS. But I say ... Phuck that reel and pull hook set, ... I've had too many come off right at the boat like that so now I jerk it hard: Jerk-it every time!

thanks for the report!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
rebarbs are the chit!!!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I used the rebarbs at Rosey.. I was impressed. Didn't have to retie every 2 mins.

I ordered some of those x-points. You should try em.
Dude I really like the rebarbs now too. I will probably use the nose hook during the winter with the smaller worms but other than that I dont think I will use them for much...

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude I really like the rebarbs now too. I will probably use the nose hook during the winter with the smaller worms but other than that I dont think I will use them for much...
I was thinking the same thing. Now I have a bunch of em. I guess I can use em for crappie fishing next spring. Works really good for minnows.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Our pro (Jeff Michels) at Clear Lake, showed us the rebarbs and thats all we're usin now. Unless its a super small worm

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Our pro (Jeff Michels) at Clear Lake, showed us the rebarbs and thats all we're usin now. Unless its a super small worm
I was using the rebarbs years ago but switched to nose hooks and now I switched back.... I think overall the rebarbs are the way to go but its kinda hard with a 4 inch worm or small reaper so I will keep some nose hooks on board just in case...

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I like the rebarbs but Ghetto is always trying to talk me into the X-points. I need to find those and see what they are all about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts