Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, we made it back from another awesome week of fishing, camping and sightseeing at Lake Powell. We caught about 200 smallies, a handful of LM and about 50 stripers (largest was about 6 lbs). I would fish from about 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm every evening and every morning from safe light until about 0900. If you did not get out at safe light you totally missed the top water striper action, it was usually over by 0630. We were camped out by Dandling Rope again. I love having big stripers nail the top water lures and rip off line after they get done thrashing it. Sadly, one pole did not survive the trip, that striper was a little to much for it. SNAP! After the morning bite we would throw top waters at the shore line and the smallies would take over, numerous dinks with occasional 2 lbers thrown in. The last 2 days we found some schooling stripers down deep by the camp site and we were able to spoon up a few before the moved off. There was a huge school of shad that they were feeding on at 20-50 feet of water. Tight lines!

If someone can help with posting some pics I will attach them. Sorry I missed the crappie fishing and weather at the meeting. I'll be ready in Oct.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip! Can't wait to see the pictures....

Can you say road trip! What about next year the club plan on taking a couple road trips like this one that Wadefisherman took? Schedule them in advance so everybody has notice. I would love to tag along on trips such as this one with guys that have "been there-done that". Just my two cents......

Larry

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
great report Brian, glad you had a good time, look forward to seeing the pics

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Brian saw your pics on waynesword

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
get a house boat!!! oh god would that be something to see!!!!

do it in the late spring when the crappie are up spawning?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts