Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leaving for vegas in the morning, wondering about the construction and delays. any body been that way lately?

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I always travel through Laughlin and avoid the construction on the new bridge. The Laughlin route will bring you through Henderson on the South side of town.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
The bigger delays are from the damn ***** tourist walking back and forth on the dam and pulling in and out of the parking garage...

Best time to go across the dam is after dark or first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. what kind of delays are we looking at? how long? would it be better to thru laughlin?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I came home through Laughlin and avoiding the dam is always a good thing. Either way you will go through construction on 95. They had the road shut down to 1 lane and for me the delay was about 20 minutes.

Going to fish Lake Mead Doug?

Dave

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no fishin. 20 year anniversary.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
"damn ***** tourist"

WOW! Racist much???!!!!
Not a racist, just realistic. I have crossed the dam probably 20+ times in the last year or so and the majority of the delays were not caused by construction but caused by the tourist walking back and forth across the dam at the crosswalks.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I had no problems at the dam. Maybe took 10-15 minutes to get across and this was in the middle of the day on Saturday. The other times I crossed it was steady 15 mph for a mile and then back to normal speed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I WENT OVER THE THREE DAY WEEKEND. NOT BAD GOING BUT TOOK 1.75 HRS TO GET FROM BOULDER CITY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DAM,COMMING BACK.BUT THAT WAS A HOLIDAY WEEKEND.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Normally crossing the dam from east to west is never too bad but coming home from LV go down to Bullhead because the wait can be an hour or more to cross back into AZ.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
if you get there after O dark 30 the traffic is slow because of tourists blindly walking across the road, it will drive you nuts, you start thinking hood ornament!!! If the federal ck station "for terroists" is still there don't say anything "funny" like my buddy did, and had a complete search of vehicle. I like going through laughlin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts