Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I posted a fish report a few weeks ago that caused a little drama. I know most of you would say that half of this site is drama, but this was different.
I did something illegal and now I'm paying for it. While out on the river I used my sling shot to take a bird out of season. At the time I wasn't thinking about the consequences, nor did I think this was any kind of protected bird. I was just having a little fun, and it backfired, bad.
This morning I was greeted at my door by the G&F Dept, and was written two citations for my acts, and now have to go to court later this month to see what the damages are. Luckly they were two very nice and professional Officers that said it could of been worse if they didn't get a hold of it first. I sincerly thank you two for being so nice to my kids and I.
I love the out doors and am a fisher and hunter and would hate to mess that up for myself and others by doing stupid things without thinking. This will definitely be a story I will be sharing with my kids when their old enough to understand. Plus mama said that when she gets home that I'm gonna get it.
Please share this story with your young ones, and tell them not to be like this Knuckle Head.

My sincerest apologies

Josh

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
AB

You know what defines a man?
When you make a mistake, you take ownership.
Be responsible for your actions, everybody makes mistakes.

Good Job Man

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
What where the tickets for? Taking pictures of your kill priceless! Thats as bad as my buddy taking pictures of a dune trip and come find out his wife had the film processed and well lets just say the was divorce #2 for him!

·
Registered
363 Posts
AB, i had a smilar experiance a couple years ago while taking my kids out dove hunting...........that bird might cost you about 150.00!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
so i went back a read the poast saw the picture was removed i was interested to see the kill that cause all this trouble. That sucks though man hope they dont get you to bad. but i guess it seems to be someone is always watching.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What where the tickets for? Taking pictures of your kill priceless! Thats as bad as my buddy taking pictures of a dune trip and come find out his wife had the film processed and well lets just say the was divorce #2 for him!
Dont want to say until the storm is over.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
As a kid growing up in Tucson we shot anything that moved. Surprised we all aren't serial killers. I am teaching my grandson to only shoot what he can eat and to obey the laws. If G&F busted you from reading the site then fair enough. If someone turned you in they are no better than the Hitler Youth. Real men would have written you a PM and chewed your ass then told you to take the picture down. I sure hope we don't have ratty little fudegepackers on here. Good luck with the judge.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As a kid growing up in Tucson we shot anything that moved. Surprised we all aren't serial killers. I am teaching my grandson to only shoot what he can eat and to obey the laws. If G&F busted you from reading the site then fair enough. If someone turned you in they are no better than the Hitler Youth. Real men would have written you a PM and chewed your ass then told you to take the picture down. I sure hope we don't have ratty little fudegepackers on here. Good luck with the judge.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Dude just tell them the truth. You found the bird wounded on the shoreline and decided to have some fun with the AZBZ guys so you took a pic and said you shot it with a sling shot. They have no evidence that you shot the bird only an e-confession that would never hold up...

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Dude just tell them the truth. You found the bird wounded on the shoreline and decided to have some fun with the AZBZ guys so you took a pic and said you shot it with a sling shot. They have no evidence that you shot the bird only an e-confession that would never hold up...

So the story of you hitting that dear with your truck and saying you shot it was true! I know you wouldnt shoot anything straight out the womb!

·
Registered
390 Posts
AB

You know what defines a man?
When you make a mistake, you take ownership.
Be responsible for your actions, everybody makes mistakes.

Good Job Man
+1

AB,

I'm pretty sure 90% of the people on here have done something along these lines at one point in their lives. Keep your head held high as you are taking ownership in your mistake. Good luck, stay positive, and let us know how it turns out.

Tom

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Not sure who turned me in, or if the G&F saw the post on their own.
I'm not mad either way, just dreading the next few weeks.
I doubt anybody specifically turned you in. AZGFD guys read these forums. I know they read mine because I get e-mails every once in a while about things posted on them.

On the flip side. Instead of making excuses and whining about getting cited you came right over here and manned up publicly. That has to say something good about you.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts