Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

· Premium Member
34,659 Posts
one of randys helpers threw some fish in the trash that were dead and spoiled, they pretty much raked him over the coals for it, I agree with what they did to a point just not the way they did it.

a tourny director is screwed in the state as once someone hands you the fish there yours, the next person hands you the fish and now the tourny director is over the allowed daily limit of fish. you have 100 boats with 500 fish and your ****ed, one thing happends and you can and probably will be charged with 495 fish over your possesion. if you have 10 20 or even 100 dead fish your screwed at your over your limit, even if they are spoiled to were you cant eat them then your in trouble for wasting meat.( the angler isnt in trouble just the person who has them)

Personally for dead fish at a tourny I see absolutely NO reason why they cant be left out in the desert for the yotes, granted that would be bad if someone found them but hey game and fish needs to come up with some law as to NOT fault the t director for dead fish in his event.

he only was a t director is not liable is to give back the fish to the fishermen live or dead before he accepts another anglers catch, if he puts them in a tank he has broken the law. if he takes more than 6 home he has broek the law and they dont get you one one lump sum they fish you for each and every fish over the limit. so if you have 10 dead fish in a tourny and get pulled over you have 4 over your limited ie 4 counts. granted most wont hold you to this however if there is another problem they will definately throw that in there. Which is Total BS.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
If someone "Narcs" you out to the AZGF, they will surely come knocking on your door. Happened to me many, many years ago. I didn't get ticketed because I proved I got the birds from a bird farm. Someone saw me cleaning them and throwing the leftovers in the trash. Then called G&F. They showed up the next day.

· Registered
946 Posts
How the hell did they find out your name or where you lived?

I agree with others, I don't think it will hold up unless they caught you when you did it.

A little gangster bastard broke my back window out of my truck and I had him admitting to it. Cops said not much we can do, we didn't see him do it.

You seem like a good person from this thread, I just don't get how good people get screwed all the time and others get to walk.

· Banned
4,457 Posts
How the hell did they find out your name or where you lived?

I agree with others, I don't think it will hold up unless they caught you when you did it.

A little gangster bastard broke my back window out of my truck and I had him admitting to it. Cops said not much we can do, we didn't see him do it.

You seem like a good person from this thread, I just don't get how good people get screwed all the time and others get to walk.

They bust people all the time for the video or pics they took of their crime/instance of not thinking...

Let the guy take his medicine, many can learn.

What is the goal in trying to be above the law, who learns anything good from that??? He will get a slap on the hand for his mistakes and will feel better owning up to them.

If someone tattled then they have their own Karma to deal with...

Sounds like you were just dealing with a POS cop (there's a few)...

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Well tomorrow is the big day. I've got to see the man at 1300hrs. To be honest, there hasn't been a day gone by in the last two weeks were I haven't thought about what will happen. I'm trying to prepair for the worst and hoping for the best. If I get fined it will hurt a little, but if I get my license taken away it's going to crush me. I could live with losing my hunting license, even though I got drawn for deer and pheasant, but if they take my fishing license for 5 years, the Ranger is going up for sale. Might as well let someone esle have fun with it.
I went out this morning in hopes of having a good day and maybe last on the water, but mama called and said to get my butt home cause the kids were sick and wern't going to day care. So that just adds to the bad karma that I've been having this month. Last week I got my pic taken by one of those speed cameras on Hwy 95. They have it set up on the south bound lane right next to the BP check point, so if you headed this way to fish Martinez you better be going slow through there. I was going 20 in a 25 and I saw it take my pic, so I called the Yuma DPS office and got the number of the Photo Inforcement hotline. I gave them a call and told them what happened and they said it probably was doing a test. So well see on that one.
Well thats me just venting a little. I really dont stress over anything, but this ones got me knotted up a little. I will post the damages tomorrow afternoon.

· Registered
5,825 Posts
Just be positive and tell the judge you had no idea you would actually hit the damn bird and you had no idea that the bird was some regulated species. You were just fishing and horsing around and someone on the website saw the photo you posted of your fish and the bird. Tell him if you knew it was a problem you would not have posted a photo. Tell him you are sorry for the whole mess and ask him to consider the situation. I hope the judge grew up like most of us horsing around and plinking whatever bird with our BB guns. I would not deny anything because you can bet someone with G&F will have the photo and you don't want to lie to the judge. Good luck and hope it turns out good for you.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.