Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay men... or manly gals with girly men.

Ever at the lake when the beer just tasted great, the weather was perfect and fishing is great? Then it's hits 2-Go O'clock cause the old lady is expecting you home (buzz kill).. You say to yourself, what the hell, what's another 30 mins? So you keep fishing... All a sudden you thought to yourself, Monday is tomorrow and Saturday is 7 DAYS away!!! So fish for another 30 mins. Then you think to yourself, oh boy, am I gonna to hear it!.. You're not in any rush to hear it so you fish for another 30 mins...

After 1:30 mins of fishing, you think to yourself, man, that's a long drive home.... So you fish for yet another 30 mins. You do this until the TM battery dies, the sun set, and the day has passed. (Don't tell me you haven't done it.)

There's nothing worst then to stop fishing just to hear the bitchin. So let's hear it from you guys. What's your best excuse?

The one I just used yesterday... "Boat broke down, had to get a tow. I couldn't believe how hard it is to get a freaking tow" (It worked AGAIN!)

"FISHIN' NOT BITCHIN"

Tai

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Personally , I dont need any excuses.
My wife lets me pretty much do whatever I want.
But, on the other hand she gets her freedom also.
I just need to call her to say I'm OK and I'll be late.
Whats the big deal ?
Its called RESPECT.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
i took off on a sunday morning to drop off a camper for my bro-inlaw and stayed to fish for four days. luckily my old lady knows if i'm fishing or hunting i make it home (as she says) "whenever" i feel like it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the park ranger had me wait for the state cop to come and test me for dui for boats and that the rangers didn't have the dui equipment

·
Registered
911 Posts
Went fishin with 2 buddies once and got back to town about 6 hrs later than we projected. We pulled up to buddy 1's house and noticed two extra vehicles in the driveway. My new wife and buddy 2's girlfriend. Me and buddy 2 were loading our equipment into our respective trucks when we noticed buddy 1 sitting on the front porch steps. When we asked what he was doing, he said, "No way in hell I'm going in there first and alone!"

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Went fishin with 2 buddies once and got back to town about 6 hrs later than we projected. We pulled up to buddy 1's house and noticed two extra vehicles in the driveway. My new wife and buddy 2's girlfriend. Me and buddy 2 were loading our equipment into our respective trucks when we noticed buddy 1 sitting on the front porch steps. When we asked what he was doing, he said, "No way in hell I'm going in there first and alone!"

:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Personally , I dont need any excuses.
My wife lets me pretty much do whatever I want.
But, on the other hand she gets her freedom also.
I just need to call her to say I'm OK and I'll be late.
Whats the big deal ?
Its called RESPECT.
Agreed.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I've talked until I'm blue in the face, but the guys I fish with don't get it!!! Listen and learn (hopefully faster than they do)...

a) "I'm going fishing."

b) "I don't know when I'll be back."

Taaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Where's the f-ing rocket science in that??????

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Any true spouse of a fisherman knows whatever we say always changes once we get on the water..it is cool to ring them as soon as possible to let them know you didn't drown..not good karma to be fishing and worrying about shit back home..get it straight right off the bat..

·
Registered
51 Posts
She tells me, "I'll take (half) the money in cash". That usually keeps me within a late window of about 2 hours.

The broken boat tale works about once every 6 months for those times I am out > 2 hours. Other times, I just say- ts honey- the bite was on.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
My wife is totally cool with my "addiction" and knows I can't control myself once I start fishing. Staying in touch is all she expects when I am under the influence of a fly rod!

OTF:)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
After a couple "late" returns, I just told her what day I would be home. That worked for a few years.
As one would guess, I'm not married anymore.
No regrets mind you, just minus a wife when I get home.
She was invited to go most of the time.
Oh well.

·
Registered
472 Posts
if i tell her it's a tournament she just says better win some money if that dont happen i better make sure i got some in the bank account to at least act like i did. if i dont have any money and i dont win then i just keep fishing till she calls and tells me to get home which is the better route most the time.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts