Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
I like to use deep diving cranks, preferably cranks that can get down to 8-10ft on 10lb test. I even use them when I'm cranking in 4-5ft of water. 90% or more of my strikes come from when the bait is really digging the bottom. If you ever watch a crank that is bouncing around off the bottom it really darts around, I believe it's usually a reaction or aggravation strike more than anything. I like 10# P-line cxx, it's sensitive enough to let me know exactly what my bait is doing, ie. bouncing on rocks, gravel, or if the line is dragging over a tree or rock so I can prepare to pop it off the structure. I really like the flukes for action, plus you can really work them fast with out them rolling. For the past couple weeks I've been doing pretty decent at Saguaro on the flats popping the fluke across the top almost as fast as I can work it. You'll miss as many as you will hook, but it is fun to watch them blow up on the surface. My buddy and I have also had some decent luck working Sammy's as well. Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.