AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an advantage to loading line onto a spool with a machine? or o it the old fashion way? I've been doing mine in the garage and using the reel to wind the line on. Just wondering. :?

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's!

I'm putting the line on a small spinning reel. The line(p line) was purchased from BPS. I'm sure they turn the line through high volume sales, so I'm hoping that it isn't old and weak like me. I usually get the line on pretty tight when I'm winding. You can feel the friction/heat between the fingers as it goes onto the spool. Just don't pick your nose after you spooled up a reel. :x

G

·
0 Posts
That`s to tight if you feel HEAT, Heat is not good for line, I`ll take the line that`s been in a warehouse for two years over heated spooled line.
JB

·
Registered
65 Posts
I personally would go with delws idea, I go to Waterdog Willies to get my line put on. They do it for free, it goes on evenly, and it doesn’t get your line hot but still gets it on tight. Also, I prefer Fireline (green) you can see it really good even at night, and it doesn’t effect the bite. It is a lot smaller in diameter. Ex: 10lb line is the diameter of 6lb line. Try it some time I think you’ll like it (I don’t recommend it for a bait caster)

G

·
0 Posts
I was kidding about the heat! :shock: I know better than to heat small diameter line or any size line for that matter. I always wet the line before pulling the knot tight so I don't stress the line out. I do use fireline (flamin green) on a large spinning reel. I'll use it for pig & jig (at night), heavier bladded spinners, and cranks. Thanks for the advice! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts