Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I just got a few of the Vortex Viper 6.5- 20x50 scopes and absolutely
love them. Very clear and great all around optics ..Delw did you start smoking weed?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a vortex viper pst6×24 and love the scope. I picked it up after debating it and getting a night force. The deciding factor was a good buddy of mine was a sniper with MCSO and recommended it over the nightforce that was on his issued rifle for cost vs product. We went out to the range and at 700yds the vortex was very clear and there was very little difference in clarity between the 2. I have it mounted on a Remington 700 .308, you are more than welcome to put a couple rounds through it to see if the scope fits your needs. I also picked the scope up at outdoorsmans on cave creek

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
+1 for champ & his life partner

If you want tracking & "keeping a zero" reliability step it up & save for a nightforce. Internal components are what keep that stuff together & thats the benefit of NF, US optics, etc... Theres more to long range hunting then magnification. Once you lose clear visibility of a few 100"+ coues right at dusk you'll realize the differences in scopes. If you hunt 1weekend a yr get a vortex. U can use it to pound your tent stakes in too. For your price range the leupold is were my money would go.
Exactly
this is what people dont understand. they think is has to do with lens and clarity more than anything else.

for a guy who shoots just before hunting season a few rounds and then during the hunt a weaver will be fine. you just word it better ;).

for the guy that wants to depend on clicks and rezeros ie pinpoint accuarcy. there are very few you can choose from and VORTEX aint one of them.

Take a leupold for example the standard 3x9 vs there mk4. theres a huge ass difference in the internals same goes for there target scopes 24x and 36x its not just the glass its the tolorancing on the componets inside that make the scope.
then you throw in the glass stuff and theres a hole nother ball game.

Nightforce is about the top of the line for precision shooting, the guy who has a sniper friend for msco and compared a nightforce to a vortex is not only on crack but he is raiding it from the evidence room as well.
granted most msco so called snipers cant hit the broad side of a barn with a rilfe. they are decent pistol shots.

I know cause I used to shoot with them 1-2 times a month when godbehere(sp) was the sherriff and his son ran swat. back then those guys couldnt hit a 300 yard target to save there life it was pretty piss pour.
we used to shoot at the old ran along the burm south of morristown together.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
40 years ago Weaver. 15 years ago, id of said leoupold is good. No clue what "new" weaver or loopy you boys are looking at. Nightforce is great glass and I own one BUT.....

for alot less money and a helluva better warranty I enter the range, wind speed, humidity, elevation and angle into my phone and a few clicks later, my Vortex hits the target.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry ( O MIGHTY DELW) let me rephrase myself. He never said it was a better scope but for the amount of shooting I do 2-3 times a year and the distance I planned to use it, I was fine with the 900 scope and probably didn't need to spend 2k. For my needs it seems to work well and fit the bill, but then again I don't shoot every week.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
ChampsukzD- thats all u got? Bush league bro... But nice try

Bass1234- what vortex are you referring to in his price range? The razor is nice but too much $$$

·
Registered
4,192 Posts

Bass1234- what vortex are you referring to in his price range? The razor is nice but too much $$$
Vortex Viper PST 6x24 FFP illuminated ....... $949.00 no tax no shipping....all day long on Midway USA.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Sorry ( O MIGHTY DELW) let me rephrase myself. He never said it was a better scope but for the amount of shooting I do 2-3 times a year and the distance I planned to use it, I was fine with the 900 scope and probably didn't need to spend 2k. For my needs it seems to work well and fit the bill, but then again I don't shoot every week.
You need to re figure your loads or resizing or something, that's horible.

·
Registered
524 Posts

That's the only boat anchor they have that's worth a shit, but still a nf is the best for the money, you can spend a coledge fund on sb,uso etc.... NF and mrk 4 is the best for the money period. Like I've said I've only had problems with 2 mrk 4s that didnt box test perfectly and repeatably, they were fixed or replaced the first time back to leupold.and the nf beast suks,don't waste your money.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have a Vortex and it is the best scope I have owned. Have the Diamondback on my Tika Lite 300 Win Mag. The Vortex HD binocs are excellent!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts