Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Clayton, here is a great scope . I have the same scope on one of my rifles and really like it.
http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/57160-wts-leupold-65-20x50-lr/#entry552665
UNless its a 30mm tube its a piece of shit, I got one and cant stand it my tasco is better seriously.

Clayton
I have a 6.5x20 with a 1" tube your more than welcome to borrow. I had it on a 22-250 hvy barrel Remington 700

The 1" tube is just too small for that range magnification of scope.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Sorry ( O MIGHTY DELW) let me rephrase myself. He never said it was a better scope but for the amount of shooting I do 2-3 times a year and the distance I planned to use it, I was fine with the 900 scope and probably didn't need to spend 2k. For my needs it seems to work well and fit the bill, but then again I don't shoot every week.
Naw I just get a kick out of someone that says my cop friend or sniper friend says this or that. because most of the cops and swat guys I have personally known cant hit the broadside of a barn at 100 feet let alone 300 yards. and wouldnt know the difference between this scope and that scope other than brand name reconition.

but if you read my 1st posts I detailed taht about the amount of shooting for what scope and the reasons. ;)

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sage advice here, but the experience of buying, trying and learning outweights that of others.
Been a long range shooter since the corp, still dabble some, shooting a 300 win mag, reaching out well over 1k yards, using a millet scope in a 35mm tube, also a 308 with a vivalti (spelling, just too lazy to go look at it).
Scopes are like buying shoes, you really won't know if it fits you till you wear it a bit. I've been thru so many manufactures it hurts to think about it.
Decent glass is always a crap shoot, what works for one, may not another,
good luck with it, the learning curve is and will be expensive, and pleasing at the same time.
Rj

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
UNless its a 30mm tube its a piece of shit, I got one and cant stand it my tasco is better seriously.
How much you want for it? I'll give you a carton of smokes and a 12 pack of coke for it? I know you would probably rather have a yearly subscription of black **** monthly

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
How much you want for it? I'll give you a carton of smokes and a 12 pack of coke for it? I know you would probably rather have a yearly subscription of black **** monthly
Chump I would probably do that if it wasnt my late fathers. Claudia has it on her 223 wssm. but she wont shoot it cause she would rather bow hunt LOL.

That 30mm tube made a huge difference between the 1" tube . I have both the 6.5x20 with a 1" tube and a 6.5x 20 with a 30 mm tube. the magnification eye relief varis too much on the 1" tube compared to the 30" tube. both scopes shoot very well, just the eye relief and light transmission sucks on the smaller tube.

Delw

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a vortex scope 4-16x 50 ffp for sale. Scope is awesome. I've taken my .243 with factory ammo and shot a 9" steel plate 3 out of 5 times at 600 yards. I've never tried 700 yards but this scope has room to track for it. first focal plane is legit if your shooting long distance. Buddy has the same scope on a bigger rifle shooting to 1000 yards. If interested I'll sell the scope for 750. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am using UTG 4-16X50 1" Hunter Scope and this feature allows you to adjust the lens according to the light and weather. Moreover, 1-click illumination memory will load the last used color and brightness setting with one click.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts