Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

Anyone have thoughts on whether it's normal to have a little bit of play when you spin the boat's prop in either direction?

I am a new boat owner, so I'm trying to get to know more about it. Should the prop be 'tight', in other words, free-spinning when spun by hand, or is OK to have like 1/4" of play when you hold it and turn it in either direction?

Thanks in advance for your help,

DigDug :?:

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
what do you mean turn the prop when its in nuetrol it should turn both ways freely. but are you talking about in and out play. that is normal for the prop to move up and down on the shaft a little bit. hope i helped you some

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Champ,

That helped a little. But I mean when it's out of the water, in neutral, and you grab the prop like a dial. When you rotate it an inch or so clockwise, then an inch or so counterclockwise, it has a little bit of very free-spin before it gets a little tighter again. Kinda like a loose steering wheel on a truck that might have a little play in it when it doesn't respond 'instantly' when you rotate it. Hope that makes sense...

Thanks,

DigDug

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Take your prop off and make sure your not about to spin the hub. There's a little play in mine also but it's no fun to spin a prop. :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.