Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off as a backseater in a tourny Wed at Lake Un-Pleasant. As usually I strapped my very full bag to the post of the pedestal seat in back. It was a fast and a little bit rough ride up to the river end. When we slowed down my boater turned and looked back and said, "STEVE YOUR BAG IS GONE!!!" Don't know if the snaps on the bags strap broke or what. All I know is I am out Several hunderd dollars of crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, swimbaits and all the other gear we carry in a bag. Not to mention my perscription sunglasses as well. I will, from now on keep the bag on the floor till ariving at fishing spot. I suggest you guys do the same. :icon_sad::mad:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
DAMN!!! That is terrible!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
That's rough. I always tied my bag to the rear pedestal and suggested that to guests in my boat as well. It gets it out of the way of the boater so they can get up on the front deck and get the trolling motor in the water quickly.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I take it you didn't find it on the way back? Any chance another boater might have picked it up and notified someone in the tourny?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have some extra tackle you can have to get you back on the water. Let me know if you would like to check it out. I won't charge anything for it since I consider it as paying it forward. I had my stuff stolen at a tourney and zoners came out of the woodwork trying to help. Let me know. Richard

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Dude that sucks, I am sorry to hear that. I got a box of plastics and other misc. stuff just sitting here if you want them, I can mail em to you.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Took off as a backseater in a tourny Wed at Lake Un-Pleasant. As usually I strapped my very full bag to the post of the pedestal seat in back. It was a fast and a little bit rough ride up to the river end. When we slowed down my boater turned and looked back and said, "STEVE YOUR BAG IS GONE!!!" Don't know if the snaps on the bags strap broke or what. All I know is I am out Several hunderd dollars of crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jigs, swimbaits and all the other gear we carry in a bag. Not to mention my perscription sunglasses as well. I will, from now on keep the bag on the floor till ariving at fishing spot. I suggest you guys do the same. :icon_sad::mad:
Did that 10 years ago at blast off at Rosey got to Colla from Grapevine, jumped up and was like WTF, where did my bag go? That sucks man...

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Dude that sucks, I am sorry to hear that. I got a box of plastics and other misc. stuff just sitting here if you want them, I can mail em to you.
I have some extra tackle you can have to get you back on the water. Let me know if you would like to check it out. I won't charge anything for it since I consider it as paying it forward. I had my stuff stolen at a tourney and zoners came out of the woodwork trying to help. Let me know. Richard
Good call dudes...

I have some 20 bags of Beavers... If you throw them they are yours. Shoot me a PM if your interested

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
I take it you didn't find it on the way back? Any chance another boater might have picked it up and notified someone in the tourny?
Don't think it would float that long, my backseater bag I can tell you it would sink like a rock.

A while back I sat my good reading glasses on the read deck after tying on a new lure. The front seater said lets go. I jumped in the passenger seat and then after we got on plane and had gone about a mile WOT I remembered my glasses. They were still there and must have gotten in the dead air behind the seat.

Usually when I am carrying a bag I too will put the carrying strap around the seat pole as mentioned and I try and hold onto to it with one hand. That is not always possible.

·
Registered
161 Posts
steve come over and you can fill up your box from my garage.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I don't have a hell of a lot to offer, but I'll help out with any specifics you might need to get back in the game.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Happened to my brother riding in my boat many years ago. We went back to look but did not find anything. I have a used Okeechobee bag and a few boxes you can have. Just let me know.

·
Registered
680 Posts

I've got a few crankbaits you can have if it will help. Just shoot a PM my way.

Sorry to hear about the loss. I had a small tackle bag fly off the front deck once on its way into the water but it hit my shoulder and fell into the middle seat.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My partner and I found a tackle bag floating down the current on the river once. It belonged to another contestant so we got it back to them. Alot of money when you loose a bag like that.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
WOW!!!
that really sucks man. I would be gutted if that were to happen to me. I have some extras laying around that you are welcome to (terminator S/B's, Bomber/Norman cranks, plastics, terminal stuff---let me know and they are yours to get you back in the game

1 - 20 of 31 Posts