Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anybodys tried this thing yet. fished it all day saturday with no takers :cry: curious if you guys have caught anything on it

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
I saw them at waterdog willies(if its the one I am thinking of) has alot of serations in it?

Looks like it can be a good jerk bait. specially for the canyon walls in the lakes here.

I havent had luck with jerkbaits underclouds usually in clear blue skies, but then again I have all these damn jerkbaits(pointers, td minnows and some cheap ones) and only caught maybe 3-5 fish in 10+ years.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its got an awesome action, and i usually do pretty decent on the regular pointers and td minnows. just didnt do any good with this one yet

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have two and have had marginal success with them. Then again I've not been very lucky with hard jerk baits. We'll have to see one of these in the hands of a jerk bait pro... BAYOU! You tried one of these yet??? :D

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Although I do have a Pointer I've not caught a fish on it because I've rarely thrown it. I'm partial to a Staysee80 to be honest - caught one on it yesterday. Bill Warman caught a 17 pounder on one but generally you're going to catch smaller fish on them. That might be due to the fact I use them more in the winter. I don't think I've seen the Live Pointer that was mentioned. Double-A-Ron consider adding a feathered treble to the back.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the live pointer has allready got a feathered treble on it. it has about 12 segments that are all held together with wire so it looks more like a fish coming through the water.

G

·
I have 2 of them use to have 3. I have caught a couple of fish on them(20-25fish) Had good luck with them last month at Apache, and picked some up at Bartlett too. Saguaro not even a wink! :( I do have a complaint too: my ghostwhite one has been hit a few times and needs to go to the Chiropractor, it is a little out of place and the rear is tweeked just a bit to throw movement a little but still seems to work. ( Not to bring up the small shops talk again but Sportsmen has them for $13.99) Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts