Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Various baits/lures have loud rattles while some are silent and a slew of them in between. Buzzbaits, cranks, etc. all fit the bill. If anyone is knowledgeable on this issue I'd like to learn under what conditions are you looking for noise-makers and what conditions dictate a quieter presentation. The only obvious answer I know of is in stained water noise is preferred but I know there are other conditions...moon phase perhaps??? Anyone? :?:

G

·
I have found out that under bluebird days with clear water and a high pressure time that a less disturbing bait works best like split shot worms, clear spooks and tight wiggle type cranks. Then again in VERY muddy water of course bright lures with loud noise works great or in our case heavy green slime using lures that have a bunch of rattles and not 2 or 3 bbs like the pro model rattle traps they have a bunch. But then again I would ask you what would you throw for a big bass? ( loud and bright or big and silent?)

·
Registered
286 Posts
In my experience the clearer the water the less noise you want to make. I think a great deal of the lures on the market are too noisey for most of the waters I fish.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
yeah cranks with rattle during a bluebird day in clear water arent really what you want. Maybe if you are fishing a trap really deep on a ledge, but other than that, I would stick with a non rattler, unless its night or the water is stained.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts