Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to martinez lately? Is it worth the drive from Phx. right now. Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The river is producing on buzzbaits and chatterbaits. And the filping bite is always off and on. I have'nt been in Martinez in a while. When I left Fishers Landing yesterday the water temp was 80 degrees, and about 78 degrees in the river.
I'm wondering how this cold weather comming in this week will affect the bite.

When I go to Alamo or Havasu from Yuma I really go for a change of scenery, not so much the fishing. That way your not so mad if the bites slow.
But thats just me.
Good luck if you go.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I also forgot to mention, the senco bite is usually good in the back waters.
They are still pretty chocked out with weeds. I also have seen a few large schools of shad being chased a few times.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That shithole usually sucks. You're much better off going to Rosey, Alamo, or Havasu. Also, this time of year the river is usually real low and impossible to navigate without tearing your transom out.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That shithole usually sucks. You're much better off going to Rosey, Alamo, or Havasu. Also, this time of year the river is usually real low and impossible to navigate without tearing your transom out.
The water level was real low a few weeks ago, but it's been fine the last two weeks that I've been out.
I havent messed up my transom yet, (the sand is a little forgiving).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Also been hearing that there has been a rash of thefts and vandalism of trucks parked down there. They seem to be targeting out of area vehicles.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Also been hearing that there has been a rash of thefts and vandalism of trucks parked down there. They seem to be targeting out of area vehicles.
LOL. I always wait for your posts when somebody wants information about Yuma. This is one of your better posts.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
The river is producing on buzzbaits and chatterbaits. And the filping bite is always off and on. I have'nt been in Martinez in a while. When I left Fishers Landing yesterday the water temp was 80 degrees, and about 78 degrees in the river.
I'm wondering how this cold weather comming in this week will affect the bite.

When I go to Alamo or Havasu from Yuma I really go for a change of scenery, not so much the fishing. That way your not so mad if the bites slow.
But thats just me.
Good luck if you go.
you launch at fishers and dont make the 1/2 mile run or less to martinez?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There's so much to fish there that he's probably been hitting other areas. He knows the area very well
Shoot, I wish I new it well. Just like any other fishery, you just have your go to spots. I normally try to fish in places that I think nobody fishes, but that prooved to be wrong last month when I caught a 7#er in a spot that gets hit every week.

Plus I try not to pressure Sketter boys 3#ers in Martinez Lake:Iconrotfl

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Shoot, I wish I new it well. Just like any other fishery, you just have your go to spots. I normally try to fish in places that I think nobody fishes, but that prooved to be wrong last month when I caught a 7#er in a spot that gets hit every week.

Plus I try not to pressure Sketter boys 3#ers in Martinez Lake:Iconrotfl
yeah you better watch it soon they will be fours:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl:Iconrotfl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts