Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PHXBeat/60783

Arthur Frommer won't travel to Arizona after gun display

Stopping short of calling for a national travel boycott of Arizona, travel guru Arthur Frommer says he won't be making any trips to the Grand Canyon State following reports this week that a dozen protesters openly carried firearms just outside President Barack Obama's speech in Phoenix.
While Arizona law allows most adults to pack heat in public, Frommer said he was "shocked beyond measure" by the gun display, which included a man with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle slung over his shoulder.
"For myself, without yet suggesting that others follow me in an open boycott, I will not personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest," Frommer (right) wrote on his blog.
"I not only believe such practices are a threat to the future of our democracy, but I am firmly convinced that they would also endanger my own personal safety there," he added.
"And therefore I will cancel any plans to vacation or otherwise visit in Arizona until I learn more. And I will begin thinking about whether tourists should safeguard themselves by avoiding stays in Arizona."
Frommer, who founded his eponymous series of budget-travel guides in 1957, is an influential voice in the travel world. And his warning to globe-trotters is a blow to the recession-stricken Arizona tourism industry.
Mayor Phil Gordon said he planned to call Frommer this week and invite him to Phoenix to correct any misperceptions that his city is not safe.
"I want to show him the perceptions of what he saw in the news is not a reflection of what Phoenix and the state are all about, " Gordon said.
-- Scott Wong

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
"For myself, without yet suggesting that others follow me in an open boycott, I will not personally travel in a state where civilians carry loaded weapons onto the sidewalks and as a means of political protest," Frommer (right) wrote on his blog.
"I not only believe such practices are a threat to the future of our democracy, but I am firmly convinced that they would also endanger my own personal safety there," he added.
"And therefore I will cancel any plans to vacation or otherwise visit in Arizona until I learn more. And I will begin thinking about whether tourists should safeguard themselves by avoiding stays in Arizona."
Frommer, who founded his eponymous series of budget-travel guides in 1957, is an influential voice in the travel world. And his warning to globe-trotters is a blow to the recession-stricken Arizona tourism industry.
The guys a blow hard the same son of a bitch will goto Mexico and other countries were the police depts and army troops are corrupt and killing inocent people what a idiot. besides we dont want anymore gun grabbers in this state

Mayor Phil Gordon said he planned to call Frommer this week and invite him to Phoenix to correct any misperceptions that his city is not safe.
"I want to show him the perceptions of what he saw in the news is not a reflection of what Phoenix and the state are all about, " Gordon said.
More proof that Phil is an idiot blowing some wannabe for a news story, aybe Phil will take him to his house and show him thow to fall out of a tree

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
More proof that Phil is an idiot blowing some wannabe for a news story, aybe Phil will take him to his house and show him thow to fall out of a tree[/quote]

That is exactly the perception to have about this state. We are a very gun friendly, open carry state. Maybe criminals should pay a little more attention to that and go else where for homes to invade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts