Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tracker bass boat with a 60hp Four Stroke outboard motor. I purchased it used from the dealer last year who did all of the maintenance at that time.

As a year has now gone by, I was wondering what motor maintenance should be done now? I would imagine an oil change is required but what else do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would go search the mercury website for your model motor.There are probably some maintenance docs available for download. The general list is something like lube all lubrications points, driveshaft, shift shaft, replace plugs after first year then inspect every year, replace fuel filter, air intake filter, drain gearcase. Replacing the water pump impeller shows up at different intervals for different models. I've seen recommendations of every year to every three years...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jitterbug,
secove pretty much nailed everything. Your engine owner's manual is the best area to start for maintenance related questions. I would add, check the alternator drive belt if equipped, load test and check battery for water and terminal tightness, check motor mount bolt torque, oil change and filter, charging system output, shift and throttle adjustments, check prop hub if removeable, grease propshaft-those sort of things.
Your water pump should be a 3 year service.
Oh and PS, all of you should be running Mercury Quickstor or some type of fuel stabilizer if you are not adding fresh fuel to your tank at least once a month.
Enjoy that Merc!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts