Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an extremely dissappointing trip to Lake Obregon this past weekend. I fished from shore one day and with a guide the next. The guide I was set-up with did not speak any english. He charged me $60 from 6am - 2pm. No trolling motor or depth finder on the boat. I would have payed more for a better guide. I worked spinnerbaits and ratl traps. I have never fished out of the country. They really like their gill-nets down there. Many time throughout the day the prop was caught and we were snagged on them. I have heard nothing but great things about the fishing down there. Can anybody reccomend a guide, location or technique for my next trip? I plan to go there over Easter. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
try smoke on smoke and pumpkin jigs in the main lake. and carilina rig brush hogs off the points.. atleast thats how we caught ours last febuary. the biggest was only 6 but we boated 100 + fish a day per boat.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Champ,
We are headed down to Novillo in March and I have never been there before and dont know what to use on that particular lake. You hear what works down on that lake? If so any help would be most helpful.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Hey guest

Was the lake level conducive to launching a boat? Did you actually catch anything. We fish there each spring and do quite well mid lake on points and in coves. When in coves target trees and flip brush hogs and lizards at base of trees.

Points reefs etc are good for cranks in 10-15 feet . Last year there was a big bite on large blue chrome ratl traps. Lake has gotten worse due to draw down so maybe it will be lousy this year. Never not have have a large spinner bait ready.

The only guides i have seen come out of Marina Del Rey. Didn't see any guides last year but prior years people seem quite happy with them.

Good luck in Easter.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
i know danny westfall was just down there and they did good on those storm wildeye swimbaits..big sencos and big worms will always catch fish there to.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Saw this on BFHP

Go to http://www.kicknbass.com/Kickn_Bass.html#Mexico Hot This is what i do for a living... can't believe their are still guys out their that do not price shop and at least drop me an e mail when it comes to Mexico. We save you money, answer ALL your questions and treat you like family. Hope you have a good trip.... i have had some real bummers with drunken hosts, no food, bad boats, etc.. we take care to run first class operations. Just call me... real simple... 1-800-605-BASS Cos. Www.kicknbass.com

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Brown Dog

This guy is asking about Obregon not Huites. Your link looks to be about Huites. Do you do Obregon?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Just copied Ken (Cosmic) Kross's response from another website regarding fishing Mexico. After 2 cruises with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, I don't do anything outside the US boarders. Heck, I was a little leary of fishing too far out in Okeechobee because you couldn't see the other side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts