Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my motor (blackmax 150) mount to the transom is not flush with the transom. The bottom end seems to have a 3/8 to 1/2 inch gap to the transom. Is this normal? Can I use some bigger washers and new bolts to tighten it up? Also how can I tell if my motor is sitting too low. Delw if you read this you worked on my boat in April this year and you mentioned it was too low. Should I raise it? How high?

Thanks.

Delw I am still interested in your boat, just trying to get mine ready to get rid of it.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Gone fishing, if I remember correctly your motor was about2 - 3" too low.

2 things you can do one add a jack plate or raise your motor with the holes. to double check the approx height goto www.bassboatcentral.com and goto the ranger section. make a post in there and give them they year and modle of the hull and the year and modle of the motor, also mention what prop you have.

the way you check it is trim it down so the propshaft runs parrellel with the hull, thenn measure from the center of the propshaft to the bottom of the hull.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts