Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,019 Posts
I am from the small town of Jemez Springs which is (if you dont know where it is) about 1.5 hours southwest of Los Alamos. I now own property up in the little town of 7 Springs over between Fenton lake and the 7 springs hatchery on Cibola creek.
You been to Elephant Butte latley?

· Registered
1,019 Posts
They close sections up there quite a bit and when they do open your right the fishing is good for both Browns and good oversized rainbows. Fishin3 if you go up past fenton lake about half a mile after you cross the first bridge over the creek my propery is up on the left down Argo lane its a private road but you are allowed to walk down and fish the stream there. There is no pressure there because most people think that everything down the road is private but its a public stream and we have to grant access to the stream. Next time your up there give it a try, my cabin is the one thats on your right when standing at the bridge. Fish in that area and you will be surprised, some nice truchas. Fishin3 or 2dogs maybe we could hit the lake sometime and talk a little more about the ole home ehh?

· Registered
1,019 Posts
dryheat I have heard the same as you about the baca and am just hoping what ever they do I beg it to be a day use only forever! once you let grandma and grandpa park their motorhomes that perfect serine area will be lost forever and one more thing if they let people start camping in there it will be trashed. I am sure you see how "most" New Mexicans leave their campsites they might put it all in a trashbag but they just leave it there for the animals to rip into and scatter it everywhere, I do have to say that Az has some bad ones but not nearly like the campers in New Mexico...you agree?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.