Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a non boater pays any money to the boat owner, and fishes with them, isn't there a legal aspect to that? Since money changed hands, wouldn't that be considered hiring that person? Wouldn't that make the boat owner liable for a number of things?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Does that also mean that I should start demanding money from my kids each time they fish with me? Would I be breaking the Child Labor Laws? Do i have to claim this on my taxes? I will just 1099 them

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tadmo. Either you are being sarcastic or missed the meaning of my question or both. For me, I would pay my son to fish with me but he won't go. Too busy. You are lucky that your kids go with you. Let's say I fished with you and gave you 20 bucks. I heard somewhere that would be the same as hiring you. If I hired you there are liabilities. You would need a different insurance coverage and stuff like that.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was just joking. My kids go with me probably about 50% of the time... Luckily they still like to fish with there dad. Although I think they are loosing their patience with me lately... I can't seem to get them on any fish as of late.

I would think that if you gave me $20 that would be to help cover expenses of the day. Although I am sure there are a lot of attorneys that would see it differently

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
No, you have to HIRE a person to be a guide. There is no set fee or mutual agreement before the tourney of a fee for the purposes of guiding you to an area so you can catch fish. The pro has a set plan and you just happened to be the one that was lucky or unlucky to be his boat bitch for the day. Money can exchange hands and does all the time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts