Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. I recently retired and relocated to Mesa to be near my kids. I am trying to familiarize myself with Roosevelt. I have done a search and read many helpful posts. However I have been unable to learn detailed ramp conditions. Do most of the ramps require driving the boat on and off the trailer? My wife is my partner (and I sometime fish alone) and we normally walk the boat off and on. We have it down to a science and are pretty quick. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I fish alone all the time at rosey sag and canyon. You can walk you boat on and off at all these lake obviously there are windy days rough water days ect. that make it a bit more challanging but sounds like you have a good partner and youve done it a few times. Good luck

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
welcome to the zone. i don't fish rosey often enough to be helpful. but welcome..

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you walk it on and off with a rope on a boat dock forget about using Cholla ramp. The dock is 40 - 50 feet from the ramp. Don't use any of the other ramps, so someone else might know how windy hill might work for ya.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the quick responses. Plan to take a "scouting" trip up there, but wanted to eliminate ramps that won't work for us. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Welcome to the Zone. Windy Hill is a good place since the ramp is short and does not nave a steep incline. Dock is close and so is the parking.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I launch from Cholla all the time solo. Just leave the boat hooked up to the winch and back into the water deep enough to float the boat. This might take some trial but once your get the draft on your trailer you are set. A pickup in nice for this, climb into the bed, walk down the trailer tounge and jump into the boat. Motor over to the dock, tie off and go park the vehicle. Just the way I do it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I launch at Schoolhouse by myself and it's no problem. The dock is right next to the ramp. I just float the boat off the trailer and tie it up to the dock. The parking area is not very far either.

At Grapevine the dock is next to the ramp also but the parking area is on top of the hill and about 250 stairs up to get too. There is a few parking spots at the bottom by the ramp but I an never lucky enough to go get one of those.

It's not very far to get from Schoolhouse to Grapevine on the water so I just launch at Schoolhouse.

Windy Hill is another good place to launch. I use the ramp on the salt side of the hill. I think its call Bobcat. The dock is not right next to the ramp but close. Parking is also close to the ramp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts