Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Call me a fish Nazi, but this is why alot of folks wont tell anyone how, or where to catch fish....
True - but there are many other reasons as well. ;)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
wow...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Pass the butter and lemon juice.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Dang! Nice fish, but yeah, I wish they would have put some of them back. Looks like it was a good time!
Thats only a few hours on the black and not the real big ones either. Good for them. Last time I was there the two of us caught over 200 the first day around that size. We only kept a few for dinner that night but tired of catching fish and just hiked the next day.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah, I know, I was there a few weeks ago. I don't have a problem with people keeping and eating fish.... I'm just jealous I didn't catch any that size. Dink-O-Rama.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
i havent really caught hundreds that size.... most are dinks for me as well

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen :biggrin:
100-200 fish days were common back in the late 90's. I have some freinds that repel some cliffs way back there into the river after an hour and a half hike one way.
there some pools back in there loaded with huge smallies and litterially thousands of the, every cast they would have a fish.
if I didnt see there videos I would have never believed it.

the best time to go was before the monsoon storms hit, as the water wouldnt get mouddy, the color of choice back than was a simple white twin tail grub mister twister tossed on a small splitshot. I saw a 5+ he caught cause he brought it to my shop in a cooler.
they did all catch and release, but a 5+ smally out of the river was goin on his wall.

They went up 2-3 times a month and found some really secluded spots.

They finaly got me to go we took my mom dad and all the kids and 4 other people. we didnt catch all that many, he went up the next week and they slayed them again all on video, about a month later I went up with a guy that worked for me and the other 2 guys, we walked off the beating path a tad but I wouldnt repeal down the cliffs so we were about a mile or so from them. we tore them up.

All you have to do is walk 1-2 miles up or down stream from any road and you will slay them, if you go less you will be lucky to catch anything.

I heard a few years later he lost one bigger than his 5.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Back in the 80's we used to pack the river alot. Take off and fish pool to pool for 4-5 days strait. We would take squeeze butter, lemons, salt pepper, tin foil and some noodles and a sleeping bag in the packs . Then eat fresh fish 3 meals a day.

Caught alot of good fish back then in the pools throwing gitzits and garland jigs then throw a small crank in the current

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
That sounds like an epic spot. Hopefully one day I can experience something like that. I don't mind repelling. I have done it many times. Going up can suck if you dont have the right ascender, it can be a huge bitch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There is nothing wrong with keeping some fish for dinner or for a fish fry. Hell last year I had over 100 lbs of catfish, trout and bass (mostly cats) go bad after my freezer crapped out on me. It was very disappointing because I had a big fish fry planned the following month. You wouldn't believe the smell from the dumpster

1 - 20 of 35 Posts