Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Where is you favorite lake for catfishing?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are anglers out there that are on the hunt for trophy catfish in the arid desert, holding many unforgiving desert lakes. Here, you can share your live bait/ dough recipes, or share tips that make you a successful cat fisherman. Who on here, is king of the catz?¿

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Raw bacon strips on a circle hook

·
Registered
2,567 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
... best chance to get a big one, I would hit the Upper Salt about first 2 weeks in may....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVe8dsS6Bm8
This. I try to go after three days in a row 100+ degrees. That really gets em active. Haven't been in a few years though.

Use little bluegill or carp for monsters. Have pulled good numbers of flatheads out of there with nightcrawlers believe it or not.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Did you weigh it? How heavy, and what did you catch it on.

25 pounds. Not a monster but still a nice fish. I had put a #4 hook and a nightcrawler on my Quantum baitcast rig to catch some bluegills for flathead fishing after dark. A 8" striper ate the worm and got hooked. I was unaware that it was hooked and the flathead came along and tried to eat the striper. That little hook caught that fish. I had 12 pound test line on the reel with a medium action/weight rod. Took 20 minutes to boat the fish. Every time I got it close to the boat it turned and pealed off all the line I just reeled up! I hooked the fish at about 6 pm. The little striper had slid up the line so that's how I figured out how this catch happened.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
any lake for me when i feel like lazy night time fishing with a buddy to "just get away and relax. but i hit plez a lot cuz it's close.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts