Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow great payout for 1st. What did they weigh? Did they say how they caught them? How many boats did they get? Sounds like this circuit is going to get big.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow great payout for 1st. What did they weigh? Did they say how they caught them? How many boats did they get? Sounds like this circuit is going to get big.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
1st place was over 13lbs - recation baits and drop shot. Was a tought day on the water with very few teams catching a limit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe the winning weight was 14:11 at least that was leading when I left. John Murray and Partner had 14:08 with a 7:27 toad. Jason and I sucked big time and only weighed in 1 keeper. Caught a bunch of short fish but just couldn't get the right bites. As far as the boat count....I'm not sure but I would say somewhere around 90 or 100. It was another excellent run Tourney and the good paydays are apparently bringing out the big sticks.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Yeah.

I do know that Tom kildolf said he found his fish 2 weeks ago, and he said they just happened to be there when he was prefishing before the tourny. so he thought they would move and decided to FunFish and stuck alot of fish in that hole, knowing it wouldnt make any difference on tourny day cause they woudl be gone, turns out he just went in there to try it out on a chance that they would still be there and they were. He said he was kinda shocked, considering he stuck them prior to the tourny. ( I think he said he fished that hole 3 times before the tourny)

Now that kinda throws things off a tad, maybe prefishing dont effect the bite in tourny fishing if you stick them all a few days before.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ABF Results

Per Randy, ABF had 115 boats.

1st Place was 14.11 - Tom Kilduff and Jim Savoini. Their smallest fish was a little over 2.25 and their biggest fish took 2nd Place BF with a 4.25. A very nice bag. $8,000K plus

2nd Place was 14.08 - John Murray and Tony Sarkis. They had four small keepers to go along with the 7.22 toad. Cranks and drop-shot. $4,000 plus

Weights fell
3rd Place was 11.05 - Jeff Guerrette and Rob Smook. $2,000+
4th Place was 9.45 - ? ($600+)
5th Place was 9.44 - John Ziggler and Dale Adams ($900+) who just won the last Monterrey.
Just under 7 lbs. got you a check.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Yeah I weighed in our monster 13" fish right behind Murray and his sack of fish. Um yeah, I felt like a dork. At least I got to see that fish, she was a beast. And his other fish werent little ones either. Solid fish. I wish I could have stayed to hear how everyone got their fish, but I caught 2 packs of senkos and decided to head home. It was great to see a bunch of chunky fish in the release bin....gives me hope. We had a blast though, just probably needed to pre fish a little more.
Jason

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good deal!

I fished ABF 2 years ago when they first started and they have definitely expanded. I was very impressed with the tournament and how far it has come. The entry fees have risen but as hindsight now tells me, they are well worth it. My dad ( frenchiebeau) and I prefished monday and found one spot where we caught 4, 2+lbrs and one being a 4lbr in 20 minutes, we bailed after that to save it. We moved around anad caught one here and there. T time we caught all our fish on that one 20x20ft spot. We moved around briefly with nothing, we just milked that spot. We caught 4 keepers for 7.53lbs. We threw one marginal 13" fish back and lost a 1.5lbr in the last 20 minutes at the boat. We had fun and lucked out finding that spot. We found a split on a creek channel that had a hump that wa 7-8 ft higher than the channel, 30ft on the hump and 37-40ft in the channel. It was definitely tough though. By the way Tanya and Dean Kreuzer (spelling) did all the fizzing at the weigh in, and Randy did a solid job as well. I'm definitely going to try and fish the next one. Best of luck guiys!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
good work, turtle....that's the kind of spot you win these tough tourneys on. What boat do you guys fish out of, I think I may have seen you out there. The Bartlett one should be a blast....Im not gonna say anything about the bite, dont want to jinx it. If I say it shoudl be good, it wont! 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts