Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I go to Canyon yesterday and meet up with a buddy and his boat. So I dont have a trailer on my truck and parked in the truck trailer parking only, since it was raining and Mid Jan. and no one else on the lake. I also have my yearly Tonto parking pass. So needless to say I get a parking ticket for 50 bucks because I parked in an empty lot on a raining day in the middle of winter, without a trailer. Complete bullspit. I can understand if in the summer time or with a huge tourneyment, but in the middle of Jan. on a rainy day with no one else on the lake. We were the only two vehicles in the parking lot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya Ya, hope you enjoy driving and spending your day in court. I'll lose, but it will be worth the fact you have to drive your ass to court with me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I had the time I'd fight it just for fun 99.9% of the time the officer that gave you the ticket will not show up for the court date so it will be kicked out. I took forest sevice to court they tried to get me to plee bargin I told them no way I would fight them to how ever high a court i needed to go and in the end it would cost them a lot more to keep fighting me so it got thrown out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it sounds silly, but the posted law is the law, no matter what time of year it is. My pops went to Roosy last week. he went to buy a parking pass from the machine at the ramp, but it was busted. Other boaters said there were two other machines back aways by the front gate ?. Pops drives back there and one machine worked out of the two. Pops purchases ticket,places ticket on dash board, goes fishing.
Pops gets done slaying crappie, comes back, citation on windshield.
Pops forgot to place his old farts pass (pops is 74 yrs old) next to the parking pass on the dashboard.
Yep, it's a b***ch, but ya gotta follow the rules no matter what.
RB

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The question is; are laws written to catch people who are legit but for some technicality get sited? Or are they there to get those who don’t play by the rules. Technically if someone busted my window out and took my pass, I could be sited for not having my pass displayed. Did I buy a pass and did I display it correctly? Yes, but it wasn’t displayed correctly when an officer walked by and decided to write me a ticket. This is why we have a court and why we have an opportunity to state our case. It's not like our justice or law enforcement systems are perfect. That's what the judge is there for. I’d say fight it. Good Luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one ever follows the rules, or enforces them to the letter. If that was the case everyone would have at least 15 to 300 J-Walking tickets. Enforcement is always a judgment call. How many times have you been pulled over for speeding, and just got a warning? I think the part about it that pisses me off the most, is not only do I have to pay to park at a lake, but I pay $100 bucks a year for it. I for one strongly believe that if I am paying $100 bucks a year for it, then I should be able to park where ever the hell I please. I shouldnt have to park 300 yards from the ramp and walk past 2 empty parking lots to get to the water. Thats stupid. I also dont like the fact that my truck would be sitting in an empty parking lot far from view from anywhere. Lets see, from early December to last week in Feb. the lakes are pretty much empty. Why do they have the same rules for parking all year round? Would it be to hard for someone to put different rules for different times of the year? Anyway, it just pisses me off that paying $100 bucks to park isnt good enough, you also have to park 300 yards away and walk past two empty parking lots before you can enjoy the lake. Way to go Tonto, sure makes me want to help you all with your forests. Hmm now that I think about it, that is kind of funny. I wonder if they realize the more tickets they write the more trees there wasting.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If you got a ticket from U-Park then don't listen. There is no court to go to they just send it to a collection agency for collection. If you got one from the Forest Service then good luck. If you were parked in a spot for tralier parking and didn't have a trailer, I hate to say this but you were in violation, doesn't matter if you were the only one on the lake or not. Not taking sides here beleive me.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why should he have to stop bitching Del? You keep bitching about BLBBD. It's simply his opinion about getting a ticket, just like it's you opinion to change when and how they do Big Bass Days.
If you don't want to listen to it, then do like some of us do when you go off and just skip over the post.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya what Dawg said. And for the record, I am not bitching about it, just making the point that somethings have gone way to far when it comes to enforcement and laws regulating the use of our lakes in this state. That is all, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
And for the record, I am not bitching about it
ok your sniveling then :roll:

just making the point that somethings have gone way to far when it comes to enforcement and laws regulating the use of our lakes in this state. That is all, nothing more, nothing less.
How did it go to far? what about people that didnt see you get a ticket. they goto the lake and they park there so now all of a sudden you have 2 or 3 trucks then a few more days go by and theres 4-8 etc etc...... I mean after all there are alot of extra parking spots for trucks with trailers still avail.....

you say it went to far. so how do they curb it if they let you go? what about the next time and the next time.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your completly missing the point. The point is, I payed for a truck and trailor. So if I dont have my trailer why should I have to park 300 yards away. The fact remains I paid for it. So I guess that means, since I didnt have my trailor they are going to refund me the extra 2 dollars. I think not... My point is this. If I pay for it I should be able to park where ever. If I hadnt paid for it, then fine, I will park a mile away.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Actually I am not missing the point.

you never said you paid for it, you just said you have a yearly parking pass....

If thats the case I would file a discrination lawsuit against them, you have been surely discriminated against and should seek damages :roll:

point is its still for trucks with trailers like the sign says, you have no trailer you dont park there, its really that easy.

Its one of those things like when we go a little fast through a no wakezone and get a ticket, then snivel about it because there was no one in the area....

Just think it could have been all avoided if you followed the law.....

This is one case where money doesnt talk .
Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
If the parking lot is for trucks and trailers, would someone get a ticket if they parked a car with a trailer??? I think the object of the law needs to be considered, especially in petty incidents like this. Parking wasn't a problem and he paid for truck/trailer parking. What if he sold his boat and someone took his "old boat and trailer" away from the lake? I did that once. I paid for a truck/trailer spot why shouldn’t I be allowed to use it – especially when it’s not causing parking problems? Also, what if someone steels your trailer, then you're left without a boat trailer and you're parking in truck/trailer parking??? Not trying to be a jerk, it's just that I think laws are written to protect people and property, not to be deciphered in a manner that you can always find some violation somewhere to justify a citation.

I think an objective opinion needs to be used in cases like that. It’s almost like jury nullification. If a child molester gets someone’s kid (and I won’t go further) and later one of the parents or an uncle or someone “cleans” the cranial cavity of the molester with a baseball bat, or something else, there is always that chance that the jury will say “yes, he did kill the molester, but we feel he did not commit murder”. They can say he must have been temporarily insane or what ever. The point is, they didn’t look at the letter of the law, they looked at the situation.

McCarthy is one of those people who use the letter of the law to determine what beliefs are ok for a free society to practice. Although I don’t want the Clinton errrr I mean Communist party in our country, to be a free people, we must be tolerant of them. …for 8 years in some cases. (DANG! I didn’t mean to say that) Looking at the intent of the law is a practical approach to determining if there is a problem and does someone need to step in (either as a preventive measure or as a corrective measure). That does not mean that it’s OK to drive 100 MPH on an empty freeway, that’s not safe, our cars, tires, and road ways are not built for those speeds. But that, to me, does mean it’s OK for someone who has paid for parking, to park in a spot in an empty lot. The park got their money, no one was out of a parking space and there were no troubles caused.

That’s my ½ cent worth…

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.