Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What list of things should be done to a boat to store it for the winter? I'm sure some people don't do it at all.
Thanks
Joe C

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Depending on how long you plan on storing it before using it again you may want to have a fair amount of gas in the tank and add stabilizer to it. I can't believe you're going to store it Joe when you have all those winter smallies waiting on your home water - Canyon Lake!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I can't imagine putting your boat away for the winter in Arizona. Being a Wisconsin native, we would winterize it when the river froze. But, if you are giving it up for the year... It's a good idea to check/change your lower unit grease. Lubricate every cable and anything else that moves and that can be lubricated. New spark plugs will make sure you have that hot spark next July when it is warm enough for you to fish again. Bayou mentioned the gas stabilizer and that is another good thing to do. Inspect everything you can. If something doesn't look right or work right, you may opt to taking it to a shop now instead of waiting and waiting and waiting in the spring.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
A real good idea to winterize your boat is to tak e it to the lake for frequent big motor checks...also check the trolling motor and graph on your front deck by fishing deep ledges....gotta make sure your rods and reels stay lubed as well....doing this also makes sure your trailer bearings stay lubed! Plus having fish in your livewell ensures the pumps dont clog up.
Jason

·
Registered
911 Posts
winterizing a boat in Az involves putting an extra jacket in the storage locker in case it gets cold.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew I should have not opened this damn can of worms. I don't know about y'all but I have hunting to do :D. I saw a commerical on that stabilizer stuff & wondered should I use some. I'm going to go again its just when is the ?. Thanks for the help guys I should have known some of the answers I would get from all you hardcore anglers :D
Not quite yet Tadmo
Joe C

1 - 7 of 7 Posts