Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, with deep diving crankbaits I do have preferences to what I buy. I like Rapala DT series, Norman DD22s and LC D-20s. I don't like to buy a lot of the inexpensive cranks because they don't seem to cast as good, run as good, they feel cheep in my hands, etc.

With lipless crankbaits, they range in price from $2.89 for a Cotton Cordell Super Spot up to $15+ for LCs. I've always just thrown Bill Norman Rat-L-Trap lipless crankbaits. The Bill Normans seem to have the most rattles and you can cast them a country mile...

What lipless cranks do you like and why do you like them? What makes it worth paying more than $2.89 for a Cotton Cordell Super Spot?

I'm sure with a lot of these cheaper baits you should change out hte trebles. What brands are using quality treble hooks?

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I only fish the Excaliburs, and the strike king red eye shads.. Not sure why i like them more, but they do seem to always catch fish. The sam rayburn red is probably the best color out there besides the sexy shad.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Lipless cranks are one of my favorite. I find fish fast with them and then usually slow down and throw a med to deep crank. My 3 top producers;

YO-ZURI RATTL'N VIBE ARMS
Ima Rock N Vibe
Megabass ito VIBRATION-X ULTRA

The Megabass is expensive but it out produces any lipless bait I have used.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Excalibur's are my choice right now. I think they take a better beating off the rocks. I don't know if maybe I had a bad batch of strike kings but the chrome was flaking off after about 15-20 cast.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
My lipless box has just about every make you can imagine in it. If I had to pick my favorites, it would be a tossup between the Strike King Redeyes (Sexy shad and Chartreuse Sexy Shad) and the Kinami Rattle Flash (Rattler and Rad Shad).

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I like the LV500 Lucky Craft lipless cranks. Aurora Ghost Craw for Bartlett, Ghost Minnow, American Shad, and Aurora black for Pleasant. The HookUp store sells all of these baits. I think they are around $15.You can cast these baits a country mile and cover a lot of water. I usually burn them on a high speed Revo.

Rattle Trap makes a Silverado in 1/2oz that works really well on Pleasant too.

I put a Gamakatsu bleeding red treble on the front of all of my lipless cranks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I cant catch a fish on a lipless crank to save my life. Hell I cant catch a fish in any of the lakes around to save my life

1 - 15 of 15 Posts