Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this has nothing to do with fishing, but I know some of you guys have ran into this before-here's the story, I recently purchased a home, and naturally, if you want any upgrades, you have a pay for them, and well I'm not into paying for a "over the range microwave" for 30 years, so I figure I can put one in myself, doesn't look to hard, have any of you guys done this before? :?: -Franklin

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The instalation is not the hard part. If the builder supplies the microwave it willmore than likley be installed on a 20 amp circuit by itself. If it is just a hood and light it will be taged on to a 15amp lighting circuit. Unless they will wire you for future application I would let them do it. Also the M/W is taller than a standard hood and the cabinet that it mounts to might not give you any space left for stove top cooking.
Ive been known to be wrong b4, but I am an electrical contractor. JMHO ....Pete

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I have done it several times, BFH and a STUD finder and you should have it done. Its not that hard. wait till it cools down because more than likely you will have to climb in the attic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Franklin,
Not hard but get 2 people. I would guess you bought a ventless duct system. If you did no need to be in the attic.
You should have four mounting screws on the top and a bracket on the back wall. The electrical should simply plug in the cabinet( after you drill the hole).
Make sure you find studs on the back wall for your mounting plate.
Then you will need to drill holes thru the cabinet for your top mount screws. It should come with a template
I am sure this is in the directions.
I will say that you may have to put it up a time or two and especially when you mounting the top screws thru the cabinet.
Call you buddy Jason over as a holder.
You can do it .
Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts