Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering has anything changed about Baja Tackle in Tucson? How is the new owner? After what he did I won't go there. All of my buisness has gone to Jesse over at Saguaro Tackle. He is doing a really great job and he is very nice. He will tell you everything you need to know about hunting or fishing.

Thanx

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I dont understand the drama over this tackle shop. Can someone fill me in? :shock:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Baja Tackle was just a damn good shop with some damn good people. They did a LOT getting things done for anglers in AZ and they were the driving force behind getting a little lake, known for some of the states biggest bass, restocked after a fish kill. The things they've done other than run their shop, will benefit anglers for years to come. It's hard to have something like that get sold (for reasons beyond control) and not have people upset when things change. From some of the thing's I've heard, I don't blame people for being up set but this is a different owner and he has different dreams than the previous owner so he's going to change things. Some people will like it, others wont. It's kind of a catch 22.

It's hard to explain and it's probably best if it were just dropped. It's kind of like the AZBZ vs. AZBP kind of thing. Two people doing their thing and the others in-between (who really have nothing to do with things) are letting their emotions run wild over every little rumor.

I miss Baja, that's for sure but I'm not wishing any bad to the new owner either.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I went there right before the ownership change to give Mark some last minute business. Haven't been into new shop. Heard they let Shannon go. That is a shame. Might go back. Heard they were going to get rid of bulk bins. That was my main reason to go there. And to visit with Shannon. Two less reasons to revisit.

Hope is doing well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts