Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Parker this weekend. Last time I went it was rough. Water was low and the weed-cutting boat was out in full swing ruining the fishing. Anybody hit it recently? Any advice?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
fished the canyon the 18th. pretty slow. had a fair crank bite early and a c/rig bite after the sun got up... good luck.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was there yesterday, fished off the dam. Fished from about noon 'till about 5pm.
I had a couple of bites on plastics, didn't land anything though.
I tried crankin' for a bit, but got nothing. Switched to a jig, didn't catch anything but got hung-up in the rocks a lot.

I fished off the dam last weekend, and killed it. I landed 5-6 over about 2 hours.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Howdy All,

I was out there yesterday too, 27th. In the three hours out there, all I brought to the boat was two large green sunfish. Both were just over the size of my hand. Fun on the ultralight rig, but I was sure wishing it was better fishing. I was using a 1/32 oz jig on a #0 spinner. I worked the coves at both ends of the marina < north & south > and several points between.

Both hits were pretty much right in the rocks as soon as the bait hit the water. I probably got one or two reel cranks in before they connected. I tried deeper by dragging the bottom about 5 meters out from shore with nothing, not even a nibble.

Next run out to PCL, I may have a go at the far end. Probably some time near the dam and over towards the rock bluff to see how that is. I've not spent too much time over there cause it takes a bit to paddle over there and I've been limited on fishing time lately.

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The water isn't that low, you can still make it back to the reeds on the north end past the island. Which is where I recommend you fish. Flip the reeds with a beaver, you'll catch fish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts